Fail pic for Ron....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fail pic for Ron....

I figured you'd get a chuckle from this one...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	epic-fail-photos-buying-domestic-fail.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	2450290
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

"Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Except Kia has a $1 billion factory in Georgia:

http://www.businessweek.com/blogs/ey..._kia_open.html

Also, they are hiring: http://www.kmmgusa.com/
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Great, now Kias will suck even more ass.
        "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Georgia played okay against Scotland last night too. Weren't good enough for the win though:
          http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/ma...930/index.html
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Hellbat, Ron just failed your thread.
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Because it's so much better to buy "American" cars - assembled in Canada, the US, or Mexico out of parts made in China, Canada, Indonesia, Korea, and Mexico

Comment

I don't care who makes it, I just buy the loudest, fastest, most politically incorrect car I can find at the time. Just so happens they are american right now. When Honda starts making 450hp RWD monsters (that I can afford) I'll get one of them.

Comment

Yeah, my fault for not checking if they had a US factory. I'm pretty sure the profits made by that plant are not really being pumped into the US economy however.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

It's a dilemma for me. Collectivist and anti-individual herd mentality which effects are nationalism, conformism, obedience to authority etc. originate from the lower part of the brain which we inherited from more primal (biologically speaking) animals. Highly evolved homo sapiens' cerebral cortex should be capable of overriding these primal impulses, failing to do so only proves the primitive nature of the person (biologically speaking). But pointing out how one's brain isn't fully evolved has the potential to make you look as bigoted as the person who you are criticizing even though you do it purely by scientific observation. That means I can't say what kind of a fucking retard (biologically speaking) that KIA owner is.
                    Last edited by Endrik; 09-15-2011, 11:11 AM.
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Well said Endrik

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                        It's a dilemma for me. Collectivist and anti-individual herd mentality which effects are nationalism, conformism, obedience to authority etc. originate from the lower part of the brain which we inherited from more primal (biologically speaking) animals. Highly evolved homo sapiens' cerebral cortex should be capable of overriding these primal impulses, failing to do so only proves the primitive nature of the person (biologically speaking). But pointing out how one's brain isn't fully evolved has the potential to make you look as bigoted as the person who you are criticizing even though you do it purely by scientific observation. That means I can't say what kind of a fucking retard (biologically speaking) that KIA owner is.
                        He's still a retard. Name one lingerie model who gets hot and horny for a dude in a KIA.

Also, fun fact: all these foreign plants are in the south because the southern states are non-union right-to-work states, as opposed to the union-shop northern and western states. The quality of the cars does not suffer at all (even Mercedes and BMW produce there and their cars are fine) and it allows them to save obscene millions by not being squeezed by unions. However, Obama's trying to stop factories from moving to right-to-work states with a case invilving Boeing trying to build a factory there. The Obama administration judges argued it was union retaliation therefore Boeing was not allowed to build a new factory in the south and had to build it in Washington state to employ union members.

So much for freedom..........

Comment

Can't say that for certain musical instrument companies... for example the two most legendary drum brands Ludwig and Gretsch. Ludwig was produced in Chicago and Gretsch in New York. As soon as the plants were moved to the Carolinas they lost its magic and became run of the mill brands. Only some custom shop models are really good otherwise everyone's after the stuff which was made in the 50's and 60's in the original plants. No point buying the new stuff, much better companies out there who deliver the big warm vintage sound.
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I live down the street from BMW here in SC. I work for a company that builds the interiors for BMW, GM, and many more. The bulk of the work is done by temps who can hardly spell, and take no pride in their work whatsoever.

Georgia just plain sucks.

I will never buy American, because of my experience in production. I only buy Japanese, because those folks give a shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth View Post
                              Also, fun fact: all these foreign plants are in the south because the southern states are non-union right-to-work states, as opposed to the union-shop northern and western states. The quality of the cars does not suffer at all (even Mercedes and BMW produce there and their cars are fine) and it allows them to save obscene millions by not being squeezed by unions. However, Obama's trying to stop factories from moving to right-to-work states with a case invilving Boeing trying to build a factory there. The Obama administration judges argued it was union retaliation therefore Boeing was not allowed to build a new factory in the south and had to build it in Washington state to employ union members.

So much for freedom..........
                              they also save millions by exploiting and underpaying their American employees (they should be grateful that they have a job at all, right? under threat of their job being moved to SE Asia) who don't enjoy the collective protection of a union and have been brought up to understand that all unions are evil. This allows the company to wave the flag and toot the Made in America horn while enjoying a workforce who still can't afford to buy the product they are producing. If they really scrimp and save (and don't get sick), they might be able to afford that double-wide they've always dreamed about. And the plant owners can ensure they justify their ridiculous salaries by maximising profits for their shareholders.

The US could quickly remedy this awful situation though by employing a president whose family businesses would directly profit from this practice. That would see a boom in production moving to those right-to-work states.

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                              I live down the street from BMW here in SC. I work for a company that builds the interiors for BMW, GM, and many more. The bulk of the work is done by temps who can hardly spell, and take no pride in their work whatsoever.

Georgia just plain sucks.

I will never buy American, because of my experience in production. I only buy Japanese, because those folks give a shit.
                              interesting. So the quality does suffer?
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X