• Show
Clear All

• Buckethead playing in wilmington nc on tuesday night

Click image for larger version

Name:	Buckethead-Banner-Web.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	2450285
    love or hate the goofy ass persona ,I think he is a pretty talented musician,and don't get too many chances down here to see someone of his caliber playing in this relatively small town.
    shows starts at 8.oo pm and its general admission ,figure if we get there at 6.00 pm should get pretty good seats
    Last edited by len; 09-15-2011, 02:42 PM.
    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Have a great time Len! I find him talented but VERY quirky. Alot of people think he is Paul Gilbert in disguise, but the SOB is 6ft tall! Me thinks NOT.

Comment

Carroll is actually closer to 6'7".

And you are right, I saw him live in Hollywood a few years back, very quirky.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

was a decent show ...was righ up front next to the rail dead center.....15 feet away fom the halfstacks
        he just did what is does ...lots of effects ,no backing band just a progammed drum machine
        did allot of the techno killswitch buton stuff at first doing robot moves across the stage,stopped handed out a bag of toys :think:
        jammed,
        stopped did a numchuck robot thing,broke out big foam hands,did a robot dance
        jammed some more
        broke out a beat to fuck bass and just wailed on it for about 10 minutes
        then for the last 40 minutes or so just flat out wailed doing all my favorite non techno shred stuff
        which i do not know the names of
        more talent in the tip of his pinky then i'll ever have
        then it was over ...no encore

^stilll trying to figure out the mask on his onstage the whole time helper
        Last edited by len; 09-14-2011, 01:09 AM.

Comment

that dude is different, thats for sure. I thought he was big on mesa amps and had a jackson V reverse HS?

I see he has a marshall and bogner there. lots of pedals and stuff.
          "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

in all the promo pix he had jackson v with reverse hs,nowadys he plays the modded les paul with one kill swith where the pup selector would go and another where neck tone knob woulld be,the the bridge tone hole is pup selector

he would use the kill swithes like a pick ....got kind of annoying after awhile ...was real glad when he just went full shred at the end

Comment

I guess Paul had a free night from his solo gig and Mr Big duties.
              Just a guitar player...

Comment

I think the mask is to protect him from inhaling the chicken droppings that mr. buckethead uses to sanctify the stage.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

numchuck foamy hand dance

Comment

He fucking rocks, I want to see him live. LUCKY!

Comment

Originally posted by texasfury View Post
                      I guess Paul had a free night from his solo gig and Mr Big duties.
                      Yeah, it's going to be a little hectic for him on Friday when he has to play Glasgow, Scotland and Charleston, SC. I hear they're breaking the Concorde out of mothballs for him.

Comment

could not forget the happy mouth puppet during song bit either starts at 1.47
                        Last edited by len; 09-16-2011, 12:00 AM.

Comment

i will give you a ton of credit. i could not sit through a shows worth of that nonsense. thanks for posting the videos. i was considering going to his show here, but after seeing that, he would have to pay ME to come, hahahaha.
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

He's gifted with such amazing skill but his music and stage show don't really do anything for me. I'd be disappointed to have bought a ticket to his show and not seeing a band, just a guy with backing tracks and a looper...
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

He's gifted with such amazing skill but his music and stage show don't really do anything for me
                              its funny that you say that cuz 2 days later i was thinking the same thing...

it was like fucking a super model who just lays there

Comment

Working...
                              X