Baby rattlers :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby rattlers :)

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Sorry Homa, I was born a snake handla, and Ill die a snake handla.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Hognose

Pretty good size rattler at night homey handla thats

I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Oh good God! Now my Jackson forums are talking about my other passion!??
        Have to join in now. Here's one of my latest catch-and-release serpent buddies, a beautiful tiger rattler that was chillin' in my backyard:

My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

That's bad ass!! I wish I could field herp in AZ...Like to get me another sidewinder or blacktail or banned rock or wdb, list just goes on and on. Thanks for sharing your pictures!!Look like a nice one, I would have had to see if I could get it to eat.

Comment

Both of the tiger rattlers I have found this summer were very mellow. I could hardly get them to even rattle!
            I'm used to dealing with the Western Diamondback, and those are very aggressive.
            I probably would have kept one of the tigers for a while if my wife didn't hate venomous snakes so much.

I get calls from people who find snakes in their yards, etc. and I go catch and relocate them.
            I started this after I found my very first Glossy Snake and some ignorant fool had decapitated it.
            It was the most beautiful snake.

I take pictures of all of the snakes I catch, then relocate them into the protected reservation desert.
            I will usually keep the non-hots for a little while and see what their personality is like before releasing them...
            My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

Comment

Originally posted by DalyTek View Post
              I will usually keep the non-hots for a little while and see what their personality is like before releasing them...
              Looks like his attitude is "piss off"

Comment

Awesome thread, i love snakes but Samuel L. doesn't:

It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Trem, that's just them being prepared

Comment

Sam should have grown some balls and kept his fuggin kilt on from Formula 51!!!

I had an iguana a long time a go, "R.I.P. Jake E. Guana". Hmmm where could I have gotten that from..... Now my son has a couple of cornsnakes, showed him your rats and he went, "I want!" LOL!!!
                    You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

I get calls from people who find snakes in their yards, etc. and I go catch and relocate them.
                      I started this after I found my very first Glossy Snake and some ignorant fool had decapitated it.

I take pictures of all of the snakes I catch, then relocate them into the protected reservation desert.
                      Very cool of you!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Both of the tiger rattlers I have found this summer were very mellow. I could hardly get them to even rattle!
                        I'm used to dealing with the Western Diamondback, and those are very aggressive.
                        I probably would have kept one of the tigers for a while if my wife didn't hate venomous snakes so much.

I agree with Racer, very cool!! They shouldn't be "destroyed" because "we" as humans are encroaching on their enviroment, a lot like sharks.
                        You paid for Platinum..But you're gonna get Gold! - horns666

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          Very cool of you!
                          Thanks, Ron.
                          I have found that nothing induces fear in many people like snakes.
                          I have always had a lot of love and respect for snakes.
                          People will kill them out of fear and lack of knowledge...even the harmless ones!
                          I learn a lot from each one I rescue, and I feel like I am doing my part to not only help people in my area, but help the snakes as well.

John.w.lawson, what species is that one in the last pic? Is it a prairie rattlesnake? That's a fantastic picture. The clarity is phenominal! I love how you caught the tongue...I find that when I do capture the tongue it's almost always blurry from the movement.

SixstringKing, I had a 6-foot green iguana ("Iggy" of course!) many years ago and he was the coolest! I also had a 6'1" bloodred corn snake ("Medusa") that was just stunning.
                          Both were the tamest creatures, just LOVED to be held.

I think the "amateur herpetologist" in me is probably what makes me desire a Jackson in a snakeskin finish!

Comment

I feel the same way about stinging insects. If they aren't in you house or in heavy traffic leave em alone. I ganked a yellow jacket nest next to my door but left the baldfaced nest in the tree out front alone. Don't tangle with them and everyone is going to do just fine. Plus they eat flies and other garden pests better than any poison will.

We have a euro hornet nest around here somewhere. Haven't found em yet. They are massive but I think you'd have to make a fist around them to get them hot.

It's as if people think these creatures are sitting around thinking, "survival, reproduction....yeah that shit is great, but what really turns my crank is killing some hairless apes, or, barring that, putting them in the hospital or ruining their picnic. Fuck yeah."

I'm not a tree hugger- sometimes things do need killing... But the only creature I know of that acts that way with some regularity is people.
                            Last edited by Vass; 09-10-2011, 08:33 PM.

Comment

I am all about live and let live, but having rattlers in my house is not going to happen any time soon. seriously now.... arent you worroed about them biting you? I mean they will eventually grow to maturity, and can get loose in the house.
                              "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Working...
                              X