• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Guitar Corp. Responds to Federal Raid

don't know if this was posted yet? http://youtu.be/O_-taqM5Sk0
    subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmetal44
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-TymW-84g
    www.soundclick.com/gothmetalshredder

WTF?? Illegal wood? I've got your illegal wood right here!
    My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

For what it's worth, I have heard rumors for years that Gibson plays very cute with skirting laws related to guitar manufacture, including importing wood and labeling product "made in USA" when, in fact, most work was done overseas and imported. i.e., Doing things in a way that comply with the law only if you interpret that law in a very convoluted and generous-to-Gibson way, which Gibby's lawyers created through very loose -possibly illegal - interpretation.

...Rumors are rumors, though. I haven't seen any real proof yet.

Comment

Here's some details on the original 2009 raid on Gibson. Seems like they didn't learn their lesson from the first time.

http://www.furnituretoday.com/blog/T...y_Act_Raid.php

Comment

I was going to say, I thought this is the second time Gibson has been shut down due to shady wood aquisition practices.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I'm sorry, this "raid" is garbage folks. last time I checked wood is a very renewable resource and the current enviro-nitwit mishmash of extremist "laws" and "Acts" and other fake restrictions on what simply amounts to people making and selling nice things to improve their lives and those of others, is exactly what is wrong with our society.

for this Marxist Hack president to have his DOJ tools raid a guitar company on this kind of fraudulent pretense is just Totalitarianism - and we all ought to be outraged.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

US Justice Dept interpreting and upholding Indian law? Seriously?

Another thorn in the absolutely horrid Obama Administration. As if GWB wasn't bad enough...
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                I'm sorry, this "raid" is garbage folks. last time I checked wood is a very renewable resource
                It isn't Marihuana, a slab of usable guitar wood doesn't grow in a few months

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                US Justice Dept interpreting and upholding Indian law? Seriously?

Another thorn in the absolutely horrid Obama Administration. As if GWB wasn't bad enough...
                That's because GWB had to handle the crap 42 others left for him, while BO has to deal with the crap of 43 others
                Last edited by Nightbat; 08-29-2011, 01:38 AM.
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Not sure what it is about this time but when it happened before Gibson's operation smelled awfully fishy, importing illegal woods from Madagascar was not a good idea if they really did it. A burger eating suburbanite from other side of the world may not realize it but Madagascar's nature is one of the most diverse and unique in the world which also is one of the biggest sources of income for the locals due many people from all over the world visit Madagascar because of the nature. The amount of money the locals get from tourists is a lot better than getting no money at all when a western company pays someone to illegally cut trees which means: payday for criminals and getting screwed again for most of the locals. Not sure what it is about with India though.
                  "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

reeks of high bullshit.
                    Last edited by Trem; 08-29-2011, 03:21 AM. Reason: fuckit.

Comment

The government is NOT gonna do this shit unless someone's filing complaints and raising a stink.

This whole situation stinks of some rival of Gibson's fucking with Gibson.

Edit: I have been searching around, and a lot of people are pointing the finger at CF Martin guitars for fucking with Gibson. Is that true? It's a major asshole move by Martin if true.
                      Last edited by Sephiroth; 08-30-2011, 12:48 PM.

Comment

The news and a lot of people are getting this all wrong. Gibson was NOT raided for having illegal wood. They were raided for applying USA labor to wood from India. There is some crazy law in India that states that Indian Rosewood and Ebony must only be crafted into something using Indian labor. Gibson imported the wood legally but applying USA labor to the wood is against a stupid Indian law. The US Gov't raided Gibson to support and Indian law. This is what you get with an Obama Gov't. INSANE !

Comment

Also.........and most likely the real reason Gibson was raided. Gibson has been a contributor to Republican candidates and one of Gibson's major competitors is a huge contributor to the Democratic party. This is the exact same kind of dirty politics Obama used on NASA. Since Texas voted Republican, he canned NASA Texas. My sister and her husband, both engineers, lost their jobs at NASA Houston. Obama left NASA Florida alone for the most part since Florida voted Democratic.

Comment

Ive got some illegal wood for them, its illegal in public anyway. Frowned upon maybe, maybe riot inciting? Perhaps laughable, but cute at the same time. Hard on some subjects, but soft on others. Larger than my hat size, but smaller than my IQ. Straight and to the point, but leans left a little sometimes. I could go on all night with this. In fact I have, but not recently. Thats what she said, woooooo.
                            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Henry from Gibson is kind of a douchbag though. You should read the company reviews at glassdoor.com. Gibson needs new leadership regardless of the current wood scandal.
                              2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
                              Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Working...
                              X