Sad days seem to be runnign a muck with me lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad days seem to be runnign a muck with me lately

Well as you guys may remember i had to sell my 750xl. Then recently had to part with my pride and joy. My Big Red. Also the remaining stuff still in pawn. I went in to check on it and the guy tells me he sold my Martin (my dream acoustic that took me 30 years to get) my 1986 jackson strat with Lightning graphic. Also my Japanese 67 reissue strat that i had just put Lace sensor pups in about a year ago. It was my perfect strat. Wouldnt go out of tune even with floyd style trem use. It was amazing. And the tone with the Lace pups was perfect. i can get another Martin GC-MMV but this one was perfect in every way. The tone was already sounding aged and fantastic. I still have a little less than 2 grand worth of fees and initial loan value to get the rest of my stuff out. I currently only have one playable guitar at home and my small dean markley amp. So now i have to come up with a plan to get my gear back. Or whats left of it. Sometimes life sucks.
    Gil

That sucks dude. Maybe you could have done a Classifieds here with buy back option?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i used to sell drugs in college. got robbed and had to sell all my shit (usa jackson, CS ESP, dual rectumfrier, etc. etc.)

sucked, but you gotta be a man and say fuck it sometimes.

Comment

i've had to say "fuck it" about 67 times in my life, maybe i can be of assistance Michael, getting robbed sucks , especially in that business, so stay away!! is all i can say.

Gil,
        thar really sucks , i'm sorry about your losses, if there's anbyone this board that's had to part with gear, i have to say mine was possibly the cruelest of all.
        all gone.
        no bueno. hope things turn for you soon .
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Hey Gil,

Sorry to hear about your turn of events. I hope things get better for you.
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

word up, money. I got out of that a long time ago. No regrets, good times were had.

Comment

Sorry to hear it, Gil. Things will pick up for you though.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks guys Yeah we do what we gotta do to survive. And now with my family finaly starting i have to keep a roof over our heads and the bills paid. The guy who bought my big red is local. Lives in the town i work in. And is a member here. So i asked him if he ever wants to sell it to give me first notice. I cried a little when i sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Scarn View Post
                  i used to sell drugs in college. got robbed and had to sell all my shit (usa jackson, CS ESP, dual rectumfrier, etc. etc.)

sucked, but you gotta be a man and say fuck it sometimes.
                  Gosh, those pesky criminals, it's disgusting. Can't a man simply be allowed to get on with his drug-dealing business unmolested? What's the world coming to?

Gil, sorry to hear about your hard times. Chin up though, the wheel always revolves.
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                    Gosh, those pesky criminals, it's disgusting. Can't a man simply be allowed to get on with his drug-dealing business unmolested? What's the world coming to?
                    My thoughts exactly. Assholes like that give criminals a bad name. I ran my operation in a dignified manner.

Comment

I worked as Ron Jeremy's Body double, at Chippendale, a cop, and in a VH tribute band.

It paid ok, but my diginity is forever lost!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Scarn View Post
                        My thoughts exactly. Assholes like that give criminals a bad name. I ran my operation in a dignified manner.
                        i ran mine like a pro, punctuality was the key in that game when i was involved in it.
                        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                        X