Another stage collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another stage collapse

What the hell is going on!!!! First Cheap Trick are caught in a stage collapse at the Ottawa Blues Fest (noone killed and last night the stage collapsed at a Sugarland concert at the Indiana state fair killing 5 people. 2 in one summer? Weird shit man. Look for new safety regs for outdoor staging and rigging.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

I saw a video of the footage and one person that was interviewed mentioned seeing a funnel cloud. Was there a reported tornado in the area? I was watching a regional Little League World Series game on ESPN that was being played in Indy and the game was suspended due to lightning at about the same time of the stage collapse.

Tragic, indeed.
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

The video footage in Indiana is just utterly horrifying. People running for safety, stage rigging falling right on top of them, happens so quickly. Then many of the crowd in the stands instantly rush down to try and help.

Thoughts and prayers out to all of the victims.

Comment

Whats irritating me about this right now is theres GOTTA be someone to blame. It cant just be a freak, tragic accident. Its a temporary stage folks, its not meant to be tornado proof. Sixty mph straight line winds will fuck up a brick and mortar building, this thing NEVER had a chance. Always gotta be somebody to blame.
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

That's just terrible!

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
            Whats irritating me about this right now is theres GOTTA be someone to blame. It cant just be a freak, tragic accident. Its a temporary stage folks, its not meant to be tornado proof. Sixty mph straight line winds will fuck up a brick and mortar building, this thing NEVER had a chance. Always gotta be somebody to blame.
            sorry man, but I've got to disagree, there's NOT always someone to blame, there are lots of genuine accidents, combinations of circumstance over which you have no control.
            Who's to blame for the 2005 Tsunami, for example?
            Only ambulance chasing lawyers can ALWAYS find someone to blame for something

my thoughts are with the friends and families of those affected

Comment

Youve missed my implied sarcasm. Im irritated that they were trying to point fingers intially. Now so far theyve deemed it a freak accident, as it should be.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_B View Post
                Who's to blame for the 2005 Tsunami, for example?
                Joos, yep, definitely Joos, it's their fault.

Watching videos like that chills my blood, because of the nature of my work. Many's the time I've clung onto PA stacks or ropes to prevent canopies going over. Those are cheap jobs though, where we've flown by the seat of our pants, so disaster is always a heartbeat away.

This was a big stage though, and it happened so fast there was no stopping it. I imagine it is just a freak event, they do happen from time to time. I can imagine also the foreboding as they watched the shitty weather rolling in. What can they do though? Evacuate the place for what might just turn out to be a heavy downpour? They still wouldn't have cleared the place, no-one would have moved.

Again, my thoughts for the families of those affected, particularly from a professional point of view for those who were working there at the time.
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Twitch, my mistake, I take back a lot of the sentiment of what I said.
                  Sorry, I completely missed the sarcasm.
                  I'll stand with you in the 'freak accident' group

:-)

Comment

Come on guys, this could have easily developed into a Flame War with minimal effort.
                    Fucking hell, this is place is just way too civil these days, it's nearly grown up!
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Sugarland has fans?

Well shit the bed and call me surprised. The chick can't sing and has a horrible sharp voice that gets on my nerves like most country singers do.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                        Joos, yep, definitely Joos, it's their fault.
                        Nope, british muslims .....
                        Korean guitar builders....
                        Last edited by Jayster; 08-15-2011, 02:05 PM.
                        Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Working...
                        X