Which show? COBHC or Dokken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some cell phone pics from COB's July 8th show at The Masquerade in Atlanta:

MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I saw Bodom. Man, Alexi can shred! As much as I like dokken (lynch is my favorite guitarist) I couldn't bring myself to go to their show. Don's vocals just suck too much. Anyway, Townsend did his prog thing. He's not really my style of music, but he wasn't bad. Septic Flesh was heavy, heavy, heavy. Their drummer was the shit! I hadn't ever heard of them and I'm going to have to check their stuff out sometime. I missed obsura. Anyway, it was my first show at the palladium. It was hot as balls inside. The venue seemed to attract a younger crowd than I was expecting. The pit was ok but nothing special. Overall, I'd say I liked the show.

Comment

I doubt it was the venue which attracted the younger crowd.
        You didn't see Bodom before, did you?
        Just have a look at their live DVD, it's people in their teens and early twens all over the place...
        Well, as long as they don't stand on their weird way of kung fu dancing, I don't care.

Glad you liked it.
        Did Roope get some solo action as well?
        I have to admit I have all my Bodom experience from festivals so far, where time is quite limited.
        AFAIK they tend to duell from time to time when they're main act.

I'm still wondering how Devin fits into that context.
        I could see SYL play with Bodom if they still existed, but his solo stuff just won't deliver this straight forward feel I get from Bodom and such.
        Besides I guess he'll have a hard time in the tour bus, now he quit with pretty much every addiction he used to have.
        All those horribly drunk fins all around.
        I once met Roope after a festival-show and was impressed how quick he reached my level of beeing drunk right after the gig. Took him less than an hour, but the legend says he can go all night long...
        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Originally posted by micha View Post
          I doubt it was the venue which attracted the younger crowd.
          You didn't see Bodom before, did you?
          Just have a look at their live DVD, it's people in their teens and early twens all over the place...
          Well, as long as they don't stand on their weird way of kung fu dancing, I don't care.

Glad you liked it.
          Did Roope get some solo action as well?
          I have to admit I have all my Bodom experience from festivals so far, where time is quite limited.
          AFAIK they tend to duell from time to time when they're main act.

I'm still wondering how Devin fits into that context.
          I could see SYL play with Bodom if they still existed, but his solo stuff just won't deliver this straight forward feel I get from Bodom and such.
          Besides I guess he'll have a hard time in the tour bus, now he quit with pretty much every addiction he used to have.
          All those horribly drunk fins all around.
          I once met Roope after a festival-show and was impressed how quick he reached my level of beeing drunk right after the gig. Took him less than an hour, but the legend says he can go all night long...
          yes, Roope did get some solo stuff in. While overshadowed by alexi, the guy can paly too. I dug that he was using a star guitar. If you ask me, I think DT fits into the tour because the bands all are a little different. Obscura is Math/ prog metal, Septic is somewhere in between black metal and doom, DT is straight ahead prog sand COB seem to be death/ speed metal.

Comment

Working...
          X