anyone have a softmodded wii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have a softmodded wii?

I was gonna let this guy softmod my wii to play cds,dvds, and games from a hard drive. Do any of the standard operations get messed with? Is there anything i should consider first?

Unless there has been a change I have not kept up on, which is very possible, you can not play online if you do. It was never a big deal for me as all my online playing is done on the Xbox.

The reason is that the softmod works on an older version of the firmware and once you update it to meet Nintendo's requirements, the mod is undone.

Again, there may have been a revision to it, but, I have not kept up on it.-Lou
    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Cool. Yeah im not a fan of online gameplay. I dont like gettin my ass kicked then get shit talked to me by some french 10 yr old ha ha. I got 4.3 which i think is the latest firmware and was told it can be unlocked fine. mainly id just play games, cds and dvds. I'd like to use netflix too. Any idea if it would be ok to add netflix post mod?

Comment

The last mod I did was to 4.2U a while back. 4.3 was the newer one. If they have found a way to mod the current 4.3, I see no reason why you couldn't use Netflix, unless connectivity is something you have to give up for the mod. However, Nintendo will probably release a new patch and if you upgrade, you will lose the mod. If you do not upgrade, you can not connect.-Lou
        " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Guess thats true. They will always keep comin up w updates. Maybe i'll just have to run the netflix thru the pc to the tv. Now to find someone with a bunch of games i can put on an external drive. Thanks Lou

Comment

Here is what you do: Get a membership at www.nzbmatrix.com . They have a cool sister site called www.nzbxxx.com too....hehe.
            Then get a membership at www.astraweb.com
            Then download Grabit at www.shemes.com
            Install Winrar and Par2.....free downloads off the internet.
            Have fun. The overal cost is stupid cheap and downloads are pretty quick as they do not rely on uploaders like torrent sites........ at least this is how I was told to do this stuff.-Lou
            Last edited by LouSiffer; 06-16-2011, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Sweeeet

Comment

I'm also interested in this too. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Ok so i talked to the guy and he assures me that i will be able to play online w no issues and all the standard operations will not be affected. He also has a fully functional modded wii he can give me in the event he bricks my wii, but says he's never had any problems. Im takin a 500g hd and a 2 g sd card to him sat. For $60 he will unlock my wii add media and homebrew software as well as load up my hd with 140 wii games and approx 700 nes games. Ill be back sunday to let u know how it goes.

Comment

Its a pretty simple process. I used to do them all the time. You should retain online capabilities unless a patch/update comes out, then , depending on the patch, you may have to go to the homebrew channel and do an update or remove the SD card, put it in your PC and do the update there. No big deal.

The HD also has to be plugged into a specific USB port. The one nearest the edge of the case if I remember right.

I also gave a wrong link in earlier post. It is www.shemes.com ....not .net-Lou

Comment

Yup has to be plugged to the outer usb port. All seems good a couple games dont play, but i still have 138 wii games that do play. Nes games play fine. Guess i need to adjust my tv cause it looks kinda bad or maybe they just dont look as good as thy used to.

Comment

What games don't play? What loader are you using? I have a crapload of them on my hard drive and they all work flawlessly.
                        My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

Comment

Working...
                        X