House robbed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House robbed

Well, my house was broken into Monday afternoon. They kicked in the back door and ransacked the place. They got off with two handguns, a bunch of jewelry, watches and our safe.

They went upstairs to toss the guest room and didn't even touch my guitar room. I also have a locked walk-in closet with the rest of my guns in there, that they didn't get to either.

Now I'm freaked out that they might come back to get what they couldn't carry the first time around.

Originally posted by rdamaral View Post
    Well, my house was broken into Monday afternoon. They kicked in the back door and ransacked the place. They got off with two handguns, a bunch of jewelry, watches and our safe.

They went upstairs to toss the guest room and didn't even touch my guitar room. I also have a locked walk-in closet with the rest of my guns in there, that they didn't get to either.

Now I'm freaked out that they might come back to get what they couldn't carry the first time around.
    Take tuesday off and lock n load.
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

I did, trust me. I had to clear most of the house myself, handgun drawn, but 911 instructed me leave the residence until the police arrived, which was over 30 min later. I stayed by the front door, gun drawn, waiting for someone to try to exit the back door. My neighbors thought I was insane.

Comment

...till they get robbed, then they'll understand.
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

You were not robbed, you were burglarized.

Ask me how I know.

Good luck getting your stuff back (you probably won't) but your insurance should cover everything.

Comment

I think there are clauses for limits on "everything" though. We are still working on the list, but it's up to about 4k in jewelry, 2k in guns and about 1k in safe contents.

I have a sick feeling that insurance wont cover much. The adjuster comes today, so we will see....

Comment

dont think they will come back. ya never know theese days. i say we organize a possey and hunt them donw and hurt them good. im sorry i hate theives with a passion. i know what your feeling all to well . the best thing is no one was home and your all safe. the rest can be replaced.
              i invested in a small video security system the cameras are quite good for there size it costed me like 400 bucks sams club deal and it has its own digital dvr recorder 6 cameras with poor night vision unless there is back ground lightning.
              the nice part is i can link to my pc and my internet set the cams to motion detect and if one goes off i can be notified right over my cell phone and i can even view the video from my phone letting me know if i need to call the police or not.
              lets hope your hand guns turn up before someone does the wrong thing with them. pm me if you would like some info or a link to the type of system i purchased. 400 bucks is cheap to keep your property safe and handguns away from dummies.

Comment

I've set up a monitored system for Tuesday, but I am contemplating a video system. Bring the posse on! Nothing worse than a scumbag thief.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                  You were not robbed, you were burglarized.
                  He was burgled. By a burglar.
                  In the same way, had he been held up in street, he would have been "robbed", not "robberized"

You bloody Americans, you should be able to speak English properly by now. Actually, I wonder what it is in Spanish?
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                    He was burgled. By a burglar.
                    In the same way, had he been held up in street, he would have been "robbed", not "robberized"

You bloody Americans, you should be able to speak English properly by now. Actually, I wonder what it is in Spanish?
                    Pffft
                    You snobbish Brits should get offa yer high horses and look at yerselves on that front mate. C'mon what the hell is aluminium fer fuck sakes!
                    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                      C'mon what the hell is aluminium fer fuck sakes!
                      The age old question the Execs of Harley Davidson ask themselves at every boardmeeting

"There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Sorry to hear rdamaral!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                          Actually, I wonder what it is in Spanish?
                          I'm pretty sure it's pendejo, holmes.

Comment

Oh..fuck this shit. This is an attack on your fuggin' sanity. Man, Whenever I found human shit like this. I always...always...always made an example of them. I sleep better knowing that...with the help of ambien.

I hope you find your men. there's prolly two..there's always two.
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Worth stopping to think about who has been in your house lately- are you rural or urban? I won't hire contractors that use day labor for that reason. If he don't know em why would I want them on my property?

Comment

Working...
                              X