New site, feedback appreciated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New site, feedback appreciated.

Building a new site, need some insight/feedback. Specifically regarding what you like to see from a guitar builder's site.

http://www.sullyguitars.us

Thanks,
    sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Went through everything and it looks pretty damn good! One day I'll sign up for endorsement... After I get my Raven.

Comment

Looks very good, easy to use, nice layout.

Thumbs up!

Comment

Nicely done!
        Layout is simple yet informative.
        Curious how the Forum portion will work. That is the only part that confuses me.
        -Rick

Comment

Rick, it may or may not be active. I just added one as a placeholder. The facebook page kinda takes care of the forum aspect of it for now.
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

You know sully, I'm speechless. I took a quick look (20 minutes) and I don't see anything major missing. Your videos are extremely valuable and a huge asset to your site. As is your way of presenting stuff. And the layout is cool - not unique but does the job very nicely. Is it maybe a bought template?

If you know how to, it might be worth the effort to optimise the meta information in the code (page titles, descriptions, keywords, etc.).

Congrats on the new site. With your skills and open mind, there's bound to be guitarists looking - and looking to buy.
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

AWESOME!

Can I be forum member # 1 ?
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Maybe he already implemented a spell checker.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                  Maybe he already implemented a spell checker.

Sully, you are a true talent! The site looks clean and simple and most importantly, functional and streamlined. Damn, that Raven headstock just looks fucking awesome. One day when i'm not a broke-ass student i'll be filling in that custom quote form.
                  It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                  ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                    You know sully, I'm speechless. I took a quick look (20 minutes) and I don't see anything major missing. Your videos are extremely valuable and a huge asset to your site. As is your way of presenting stuff. And the layout is cool - not unique but does the job very nicely. Is it maybe a bought template?

If you know how to, it might be worth the effort to optimise the meta information in the code (page titles, descriptions, keywords, etc.).

Congrats on the new site. With your skills and open mind, there's bound to be guitarists looking - and looking to buy.
                    THANK YOU!

The layout is a basic (free) template that I plan on customizing a bit, but I wanted to have something clean that works right away. I'm afraid that with all I'm trying to accomplish, my days of sitting down with a sketch pad and photoshop and designing a site are behind me.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the forum; I may keep it as a way to interact with customers. The facebook page that I've got already takes care of the need for a forum, but there's something to be said for an all-in-one solution.

Sully
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

You bet your asswood! Hilarious! Great site!! Thanks for sharing.
                      Sam

Comment

damn Cool Sully!!!!!! my favorite part was the color name "none more black"

only recommendation I can make is........... you need some hot chick bikini models to show case the guitars
                        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                          damn Cool Sully!!!!!! my favorite part was the color name "none more black"

only recommendation I can make is........... you need some hot chick bikini models to show case the guitars

+1 Looks Great Sully

Comment

You keep your shop clean. Great looking site, too...

Comment

Totally Diggin it Sully Keep up the Awesome work
                              According To The Prophecy

Comment

Working...
                              X