pics from our show with LA Guns last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics from our show with LA Guns last night

first of all, i have to say that the LA Guns are better than they have ever been. Stacey Blades (a local guy to my area) is a killer player that makes one ask, "tracii who?!?" - and that is saying a lot because tracii guns was one of my big influences growing up. Phil Lewis sounded great and worked the crowd very well.

we had a 45-minute set and it was really sweet. the crowd really enjoyed our songs and the band had FUN. when the crowd is really getting into your music it is SOOO much easier to just let go and have fun. we got such a response that the tour manager let us take an encore.

for gear, i used my usa hamer diablo and my new LTD alexi for the drop D songs. I played through my regular rivera rig.

anyway, here are the pics:

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Glad you had a good show. I personally prefer Tracii's version because I like Jizzy's voice better, and he doesn't jack off into spoons like Phil does, but it's good to get along with whoever is the headlining act! Nice looking Diablo and the little Diablita is pretty hot too! Nice pics!
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

some more....

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Hey dude, is your singer single?

The third shot is a great facial expression.
        I like EL34s.

Comment

thanks lerx!!! it was actually prety funny, because during load in we were all standing around and steve riley was having a cigarette by the backdoor of the venue and we got talking about 2-tone loafers. he was wearing a black-and-white pair and i was wearing these:

it made for an interesting conversation. he told me he got his shoes in LA.

here's a couple more pics....

the LTD alexi was surprisingly good during the show. i had bought it a week before and swapped out the pickup for an SD custom 5. it has the floyd rose special, which i blocked. it is now a really cool fixed bridge!!! the neck feels really good too. it was a really good $150 spent!!!
          GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
            Hey dude, is your singer single?

The third shot is a great facial expression.
            hahaha, nope. she has 2 kids - one in college and the other in the 9th grade!!

the third shot - hahaha, yeah - i was thinking "hurry up!!"
            GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

great pics, Mark. Nice to see the Quad4 still in your rack
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Cool stuff, congrats on the gig!

Comment

Grats on the gig, tg isn't in the band eh didn't know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                    Grats on the gig, tg isn't in the band eh didn't know that.
                    Tracii now has his own version of L.A. Guns. Phil held the grudge when he joined Brides of Destruction and wouldn't let him back in. Tracii owns 50% of the name and so does Riley, so Tracii just set up his own version and there are TWO L.A. Guns bands. Tracii has Jizzy Pearl, ex Love/Hate and Ratt, singing for him and doing a great job. Of course Phil is the voice of their songs and Stacey Blades is a good player too. Tracii also has a new Dean sig model which is a hot-rodded Tele with a Floyd, so it seems that his version is getting more cred than Phil's and steve's version is.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I saw that KV and I thought "oh good he's rockin' a Jackson" then I scrolled to the right and NOPE! Ya traitor redneck!

Singer is cute all right...
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nice pics Mark! We've played with that version of LA Guns twice, and they've always been cool guys. Glad you had a good show! +1 on the singer! 8) -1 on her not being available haha
                        www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

Working...
                        X