Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone catch Yngwie on Jimmy Fallon last nite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone catch Yngwie on Jimmy Fallon last nite?

Without being a fanboy, I do like Yngwie (I know he has his haters too!!! )

Thanks to google, I managed to find a video of him playing on Jimmy Fallon's show.

Yngwie only had a very quick appearance after the intro bla-bla-bla... And played for the commercials transitions.

The Marshall behind him looked like his signature head but without seeing it very close, I can not confirm.

I think for what we could hear from him he did great. His playing is consistent with what we know of him. I liked what I heard and saw. It was cool. He still can shred.

He still looks like he's still and the 80s.

So anyone else saw Yngwie?
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Yep, my kids DVR Fallon every night, and we watched it. As Fallon came out from behind the curtain, The Roots played the shows theme music and I heard what sounded like Yngwie soloing over the theme music. The camera did a quick sweep of the studio and I said, "Hey, that's Yngwie. WTF" My kids of course said, "Who?" He played about 40 seconds of Far Beyond the Sun with The Roots after the monologue. Then he did some random soloing over the bumper music during commercials. He was notably absent during Ricky Martin's musical performance.

My DVR is HD and I got a good extended view of his Marshall, and can confirm it was his Sig Head.
    Last edited by BayRocker; 02-05-2011, 11:54 AM.
    My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post
      He was notably absent during Ricky Martin's musical performance.
      Yes, indeed. Would have been curious to hear how he would have fit into that mix.
      JB aka BenoA

Comment

Yngwie playing with The Roots? Now this is something I must see!
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
          Yngwie playing with The Roots? Now this is something I must see!
          +1

Comment

Yeah if anyone tracks down a working youtube vid of this or anything I'd love to see it. I am a fanboy.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Does this work for you guys:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=153366

It didn't for me so I had to catch it another way.
              JB aka BenoA

Comment

It doesn't work outside of US I don't think.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I found a working link--he still sounds the same. JF did a good job promoting YJM, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
                    I found a working link--he still sounds the same. JF did a good job promoting YJM, too.
                    Yngwie sounds like Yngwie! As always...
                    JB aka BenoA

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                      Yngwie sounds like Yngwie! As always...
                      Lol...

Comment

I had the tv on but was in the front room, messing about on the internet. The Roots' guitarist is no slacker, but when he (apparently) started wailing over the intro, I had to go have a look. The wife then asked me to keep the noise down when I started yelling across the house "Fuck me! Yingyang is on Jimmy Fallon!!"
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          The wife then asked me to keep the noise down when I started yelling across the house "Fuck me!!"
                          Well, did she?
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Haha they didn't even mention his name as a musical guest during the opening. He was just an anonymous Swede unleashing the fjooking fury back there!

Comment

They never announce the sit-in players as guests on the Fallon show. After the monologue, they get a bit of a jam with The Roots, then Fallon mentions who the player sitting in for the night is and get to promote their new album or tour or whatever. Steve Lukather and Todd Rundgren are two recent sit-ins. Phil Collen and Kenny Wayne Shepherd have done it in the past as well.
                              My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Working...
                              X