Morning Shred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Shred

Nothing like some early morning shredding. Went to bed early last night around 2130 because Ive got band practice at 1100 today and woke up around 0530 this morning. The wifey was in the living room because shes pinched a nerve in her neck or something and its made sleeping difficult because of the pain. I massaged her neck and gave her some benadryl and she passed out about 0600- 0615.

So here I am, up 5 hours early with nothing to do, so I go into the bedroom and I pick up the DKMGTFF and reset the action on it. I start playing it and remember why Ive hung on to it all these years. I decide to see if I can plug in quiet enough to tear it up and not disturb the other 4 sleeping people in the house. Success! I just noodled around and practiced my alternate picking between strings and some scales as fast as I could play them without loss of note definition, and wrote some new finger moving riffs.

I wish I could do this every morning. No distractions, `just me and my guitars. No noise, no background banter from the kids and the wife, just me, my guitars in my own little world for 2 hours. Damn I feel good right now. Todays going to be a good day to practice. I didnt want to quit but the baby woke up about 20 minutes ago and I promised the wifey Id get up with her today.

I always seem to be best focussed playing the guitar late at night or really early in the morning. Anyone else like that?
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

That's my thursday and friday every week. No family in the house til 4pm. I'll spend most the afternoon just playing one or two guitars.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
      I wish I could do this every morning. No distractions, `just me and my guitars. No noise, no background banter from the kids and the wife, just me, my guitars in my own little world for 2 hours. Damn I feel good right now. Todays going to be a good day to practice. I didnt want to quit but the baby woke up about 20 minutes ago and I promised the wifey Id get up with her today.

I always seem to be best focussed playing the guitar late at night or really early in the morning. Anyone else like that?
      Awesome. I like the feeling when you manage to do as you did this morning.

I wish I could do the same. We have a gig tonite and will spend some time this afternoon, running through some exercises and reviewing a few licks and riffs.

These days, I manage to play between an hour or two from Monday to Thursday. But during the weekends, I may not even pickup my guitar.

But all my time on the guitar is focused working on our cover tunes as I don't know if it's the age, but if I'm a few days without going through the set list, I start forgetting the song structures... And even some riffs or licks. :think:
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
      X