Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Life has been a whirlwind...shit (long read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life has been a whirlwind...shit (long read)

Hey all,

Well, I FINALLY got a new job (not calling it better yet, but am very optimistic lol). A lot of you know that I have been unhappy for quite a while at work.

When it rains, it pours though. The day of my interview (2nd one) I was at the cardiovascular surgeon with James. He has to have a piece of his aorta replaced right below his kidneys, it's stopped up and he has almost NO blood flow to his legs. Well, ok,..not looking forward to that, but gotta roll with it. Yeah, I'm worried, but I know it will all come out fine.

Get the job offer the same day. My now ex-boss, takes a WEEK to return their call, even though I told him I had an interview, got the offer etc. I told him they were just waiting for a call from him to approve my being hired. I had told current company I would start 2 weeks after job offer. So, him draggin his feet cut my days to work for him. Needless to say he was super pissed when he got told my last day was in 4 days!

So..get the job..have to move. Run around trying to find a place. Because I've lived in a hotel for the last 9 years or so, I have zero rental history. Great. No one wanted to rent to us. Finally find something, which is great, cause James goes in the hospital a week from today!! One of my brothers is coming down from Michigan to be with me for a few days while James is in the hospital, so, I also have to worry about a room for him, and everything else that comes with company lol. Get mostly moved, then snowmaggedon comes! grrr.

Started new job Monday, haven't been there since, just got out of the house today, thanks to a 4 ft snow drift against our front door. Hope to work tomorrow.

Oh, and on Monday, my older brother had his 2nd surgery for his cancer. He came through that great, just glad he's going to be ok. The docs think they got it all and are really optimistic.

So that has been my life lately. I know it's all going to be fine in the end, just need time to get settled.

Jeri

Keep driving on, Jeri. Prayers out for both you and James. As you've already said, it'll all be fine in the end.

Comment

Hang in there Jeri, you are such a great person. All the best to you and James and your brother.

Comment

I'll be keeping you, James, and your bro in my thoughts, Jeri, and I hope the new job works out much better for you!

Comment

Wow, your life is exciting! I'm glad you are moving forward and James is getting fixed up!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Glad to hear things are going well, Jeri. Hope things stay that way for a long time to come.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow... It sounds like a lot of changes, and some of them not going the best. I don't know about you, but I'm not crazy about that much "new and different" all at once. I hope things get better really soon!

Comment

Congratulations Jeri on the new job. Sorry to hear abotu the other issuse...keep your chin up, everythign will work itself out.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

People are scared to take a chance on something new, hang in there and things will work for you. I will light a candle for you tonight in my prayer.

Comment

Its really hard at times to have a good attitude in general but you have it.
                    Your doing all the right things.

Hang in there AND when you get a chance get the RR1 out and rock out.
                    Just something about playing guitar and good music it will help pull you out of the valley.
                    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Jeri, your updates are never trivial! You've always got some serious stuff going on!

Congrats on the new job, glad to hear your brother came through his surgery so well - I guess mojo really works! Whole new batch sent for James' surgery! And for you too, of course! You are one cool chick, and a tough one too!! James is a lucky guy!

Much love,

Rich
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X