Its cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its cold

Granted and goes without saying its colder else where, but here its 15 degrees and 15 degrees is a touch cold to me.
    I had to bump the furnace up a bit so I can be a little more comfortable/warmer.
    I hope you all are staying warm as well.
    We got dumped (total 6-7 inches) on earlier this week and I'm hearing there's more snow coming in for the weekend.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

-11 F with wind chill here today. Got the wood burning fireplace, so I'm more than fine for warmth!
    I like EL34s.

Comment

People around here act like frozen dead animals when it drops between 40's-50's (F), what can I say: Californians...
      -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
        Granted and goes without saying its colder else where, but here its 15 degrees and 15 degrees is a touch cold to me.
        I had to bump the furnace up a bit so I can be a little more comfortable/warmer.
        I hope you all are staying warm as well.
        We got dumped (total 6-7 inches) on earlier this week and I'm hearing there's more snow coming in for the weekend.
        It's pretty cold here too. I'm heading to Indy tonight, so I take it that it's not going to get any warmer?

Also, how are your heating bills? I went from 155 to 320 to 375, and I keep the house at a freezing 65. It doesn't help that I have 9' ceilings and 3000+ sq ft to heat.

Comment

Daytime temps in the 20s .. night time drops to single digits. And lets not forget that oh so unfriendly wind chill factor .. BRRRR !!!!
          Over 20" of snow this week ... UGH !!!!!!

Comment

Yep, our heating bill has went up as well. Its ridiculous.
            I keep it set around 66-68 but last night I bumped it up to 70 and felt much better.
            Somebody is getting making a killing with these outrageous heating bills and it ain't me.

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Comment

Fuck Yeah! Duke is anouncing they are going to become the largest utility. Geee, I wonder how that happened?

Comment

I'm actually considering bringing the big kerosene heater in from the garage sometime today.
                Not sure if I will or won't haven't really decided either way.

I can use at night only and still keep the furnace temps down around 66-68.
                If we could get a break in temps like 35f-38f this wouldn't even be a concern.
                But 15 is a tad cold on this body.

Comment

One thing thats a lot of people around here do is lower the temp during the day, while at work. Then turning the temp back up at night while your actually home. No sense in wasting alot of energy heating just the furniture. Programmable thermostats work great for doing that automatically.

Comment

The utility companies over here too are using the cold as an excuse to bump up prices. Their profits are soaring. PIGS.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CaliforniaPostcardGreetings.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	2445198

That is all
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                        The utility companies over here too are using the cold as an excuse to bump up prices. Their profits are soaring. PIGS.
                        I remember last year or maybe a couple of years ago.
                        Anyway, the oil/fuel companies made the comment and it was reported all over the news channels, internet and the talk all over everywhere.

"This is our highest profits in 20+ years." Or something to that affect.
                        I couldn't believe they said it but they did.
                        Wonder who paid at the pumps and made their highest profits possible?
                        We did.
                        Its ridiculous man ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]1654[/ATTACH]

That is all
                          The high tomorrow is suppose to be 32 and then at night drop to 19 - 20.
                          Then the potential extended forecast for next week the high is suppose to be around 26 and I think that's Tuesday or Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]1654[/ATTACH]

That is all
                            Thank you for reminding me. I spent 30 years of my life there. It was great while it lasted, but California is like a different country now. I used to live in Garbage Grove, Anaslime, and yes, good old Santa Ana. Se habla espanol? Walnut, Dimond Bar, Hacienda Heights have all fallen. California lost the war. I loved driving from Diamond Bar to Torrance for work. What a fun way to spend hours of your life stuck in freeways. Oh, and not to mention the 800sq ft condo with 1 carport that is a mere $240K. If I moved back, I might choose Simi Valley or Kraproom (Moorpark). But now, the cold doesn't seem so bad.
                            Last edited by DonP; 01-15-2011, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X