Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords shooting

Did anyone catch the shooting of congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords on the news?
    19 people were shot this morning, including Giffords.
    5 are dead and 5 more in critical condition.
    Among the dead are a 9 year old little girl who was going to meet the Congresswoman because she has just been elected to student council.
    Giffords was shot point blank completely through the head with a 9mm. She underwent surgery and is stable but still in critical condition. Doctors are "optimistic" about her recovery.
    It's a sad day here in my hometown...
    My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

"You are dog shit in my shoe." -Newc

My God... I watched a news flash stating 10 people brought to hospital, 1 died in the hospital, 5 in critical state. I guess your news is more updated than mine.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Yeah, the one who died in the hospital was the little girl. So sad.
      I was watching all day since right after it happened. It happened in a Safeway parking lot.
      Both my wife and wife and my brother work at Safeway. Luckily neither of them work at that particular Safeway. Still so scary having such a big travesty so close to home...
      My Gear: Stoneman SG-1, Hufschmid Tantalum H6, ESP KH-6, Sully #8 JCF One-Off, Templar GuitarWorks Relic Prototype, James Hetfield Tribal Hunt KL Explorer, Coobeetsa CCG-10-DX PRO Eagle, Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Hybrid, Daly Heiro Custom, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson SG Menace, Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube

Comment

Wishing the best to the victims and thier families.

This is a just tragedy, because having a disagreement with an elected offical is fine, I'd even encourage it. But, for real! Assinating this Rep. at a Safeway, because of ideological differences. And know there keying in on Palin because of some political ads she been done that had targets on them. Have we lost our fuckin' minds. I really don't know whats more disgusting the shooting or whats already begun with the politics surrounding it. Lets try being adults, and learn to respect other peoples opinions(especially the ones you don't agree with).
        Last edited by etepbbb; 01-09-2011, 08:43 PM. Reason: grammer correction

Comment

It's in all the news. We have political nuts just like religious nuts. No different than people who blow up an abortion clinic killing 20 people because they are opposed to abortions.

We are taking a step back into time to the 60's when people take politics into their own hands with handguns.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers out to all of the victims and their families. So sad. A national tragedy.

Comment

Absolutely senseless act.
              Hope everyone that can pull through does.

I don't think this sicko carried out a politically influenced act, evidence
              points that he is an absolute nutjob.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                I don't think this sicko carried out a politically influenced act, evidence
                points that he is an absolute nutjob.
                Indeed

Ofcourse now you guys will get the tv/game violence, antigunlobby BS that always tries to make a score at these tragedies
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                  Indeed

Ofcourse now you guys will get the tv/game violence, antigunlobby BS that always tries to make a score at these tragedies
                  Absolutely. Sarah Brady and her ilk will be all over this, as if any gun control law could have stopped it.
                  Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Yeah maybe, but since Giffords was incredibly pro-gun rights, that argument will fade....

Comment

Working...
                    X