Phil Kennemore RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Kennemore RIP

Apparently he died this morning, terrible news.

I really like Y&T, I think they never quite got the acclaim they deserved (they are still going strong though, I think, they only just toured over here last October). At Donington 1984, I hit Phil Kennemore on the leg with a bottle of piss. He stuck his finger up at me, we cheered! Sorry Phil, it wasn't even my piss. Well, not all of it anyway. He he

I suppose it won't get much attention, but RIP anyway.
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

RIP. I still dig Y&T. Wish their stuff was easier to find on cd
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Bummer...RIP Phil. Y&T was one of the better bands of their era.

Comment

Great Band. RIP

Comment

Still listen to them...very sad news

Comment

Grew up in Northern California and got to see them play many times in small and large venues. Their songs sounded so much better live in my opinion. Great performers. RIP Phil

Comment

RIP Phil
              I saw them the last 2 years at the Fillmore in S.F. Great shows.
              My wife's year book has pictures of them playing on our High School
              patio at lunch. (76 or 77 Tennyson High in Hayward)

Comment

RIP. Meanstreak was one of my favorite albums as a young teenager and nobody else I knew really listened to the band. Very underrated band IMO.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

That sucks. I love Y&T as well, but didn't know much of the rest of the band besides Dave M. I love the fact he played hard rock almost metal with a Les Paul. I've been searching for their CD's in used stores, but Y&T kinda of expired right when CD's were coming out, so it's a bitch trying to find them. I found a greatest hits CD but I'd love to find Black Tiger or some of the other greats on CD. I remember thinking what cool album covers when going through Tower Records back in LA.

Comment

Working...
                  X