Dead Man w/ Neil Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Man w/ Neil Young

This movie came out in 1995, but I just saw it for the first time. If you are a hardcore Neil Young fan, check it out for the film score which he did. Some of the parts are really memorable. It's just one or two acoustic and electric guitars. Some of the parts are worked out while others sound improvised (it's kind of hard to tell sometimes with Neil ). He's got a CRACKING LOUD amp going, and it will definitely pin your ears back if you turn it up. The movie itself isn't bad, very atmospheric.

This is one of those movies that's good to get drunk / high to.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I remember when it came out and either Canal+ or TV1000 started showing it pretty often, I think I saw it about 15-20 times in the late 90's. Many say that in modern films a good soundtrack is something you don't really notice but Neil's music actually carries the whole flick and it created this trippy atmosphere which made the film enjoyable.

But if you are interested in really fucked up acid western then watch Alejandro Jodorowsky's "El Topo".
      Now that I think about it... the second film Clint Eastwood directed "High Plains Drifter" was pretty trippy and surreal too. A great picture.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

i recommend "The Outlaw Endrik Wales"
        he always doubles back for a friend.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

double back? is that like a reach around?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I think if I were the main character, I would have gotten a second opinion on that gunshot wound. :idea:

Comment

Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Tommy
              always ready for some gold
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

The acoustic work on this sounds amazing.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                X