Anyone see TSO this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see TSO this year?

I just saw them on the 23rd, and I'm just trying to remember what Savatage tracks they played.

I know they played Prelude to Madness, Believe, Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12-24), but I know they played some other stuff I can't remember. Their website does not have a program listing, so that's no help.

Any Sava-fans have a list of their current tracks?

Anyhow, overall, the show was kind of disappointing. I guess I was expecting much more Savatage content.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

I certainly want to.
    Three years in a row...been this close, but didn't spring for it.

No need to put it off.
    I'll do it next year no matter what!

(Sorry, that didn't help, just had to get that out).

Comment

I wanted to see them, too, but missed them. One of these years I'll go...
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've been in California for a week in November every year for some years now. Every year, I check their touring schedule, but I always seem to miss them. Some day, oh yes, ....

Comment

I've got two tickets for their show next year, March 23rd in Hamburg. Their first ever Europe tour... looking forward to it so much!
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I'm just trying to remember here, so it may be off (pretty much for sure is)

Mozart and Madness (TSO version from Nightcastle)
            Sleep (short part)
            I remember there was something from Streets other than Believe for about 30 seconds

Gak, it's been more than 2 months, so I can't remember too well, but it was AWESOME to hear this stuff live and loud!

Comment

I haven't seen them this year; in years past I remember I was disappointed with all the narration (Play some Rock & Roll, dammit!!!)
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, the first half of the show needs to change. Even if you're going to keep the narration, at least play the last Christmas album, not the first one for the 10th straight year

Comment

I saw them on November 4th, it was the second date for the east coast tour. Good times for my kids. Don't know who the guy with Caffey was. Played a white LP Custom (RR maybe?) Caffey played Gibson V's, and a 3rd dude on a couple songs, never in the lights, but he was playing a reversed head Jackson. First time (how long ago? Don't know!) I saw them Alex Skolnik was with them, he's amazing. Caffey was there playing a white RR5, a natural RR?, and something else. Good times for sure. Always a good show. Good playing all thru by everyone. Go if you can, for sure.
                  "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Its a CS Rhoads - just natural wood, never had a clear coat. He says it did not age well and is in bad shape now. My all time favorite guitar minus the recessed floyd. It later got a pirate santa painted on the long horn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNi2cq8gNa0 - Playing it live "When The Crowds Are Gone"

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
                      I've got two tickets for their show next year, March 23rd in Hamburg. Their first ever Europe tour... looking forward to it so much!
                      Shit, they're playing in Europe? Maybe I should drive down to Hamburg then

Comment

Saw them on Dec. 27th with my 9 year old (her 2nd TSO show) and my 12 year old (her 7th TSO show).

I think they seriously need to change up the first part of the show. I agree, do the "Lost Christmas Eve" in its entirety with narrration next year, just to add a new element. I was a little disappointed with the songs they played in the second half, but that's just personal preferance. Last year's second half was better.

We stayed for autographs (9 year old's first time for autographs, 12 year old's third time). My 9 year old was nervous, so I made sure to introduce her to the members, and helped her answer their questions. She got a big hug from Kristin Gorman when I told her that Megan's favorite song was Queen of the Winter Night, Tommy Farese gave her a fabric backstage pass "for her to take to show and tell" as he said, and when Al Pitrelli asked her what her favorite part of the show was, she was too shy to say "everyone flipping their hair back and forth" so I had to tell him for her. But then she showed him her hair flipping technique. As always, the band members were first class people, and they really seem to like it when the young kids go through.

TSO has become a Christmas tradition for us, so I am sure we'll go next year as well. The stage show is more impressive each year, but a radical change to the first half of the show would be welcomed.

- E.
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Scheduling issues has pre-empted our TSO tradition for the last couple of years. I did see them on the Beethoven's Last Night tour.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
                            Its a CS Rhoads - just natural wood, never had a clear coat. He says it did not age well and is in bad shape now. My all time favorite guitar minus the recessed floyd. It later got a pirate santa painted on the long horn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNi2cq8gNa0 - Playing it live "When The Crowds Are Gone"

It is not a CS Rhoads IIRC.. it is a production one. It is Beat to s**t, and needed some TLC last time I worked with him.
                            Santa was taken off in late 2004 I think.. it was gone when i teched for him on his first solo tour, but had been there when I worked with him at ProgpowerUSA the previous Fall
                            That thing has gots some miles, hours, and shows on it for sure!
                            Edit: trem is blocked on that one I think...

Comment

Working...
                            X