Snowboard anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowboard anyone?

I'm still a beginner but damn it's fun... My first time this year. All my muscles hurt now. Time for a few beers!

JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

definitely a lot of fun. when i used to live up north i would hit the slopes whenever i can (even in my old bones). when i was a kid i used to skate half pipes semi-pro, so it was an easy transition. now that i'm in florida i really miss it sometimes.
    gotta keep in shape during off season though... otherwise, your muscle will hurt and you'll be out of breath.

Comment

I'm too fuggin clumsy for that shit.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by moku View Post
        gotta keep in shape during off season though... otherwise, your muscle will hurt and you'll be out of breath.
        I do fitness stuff 5 days a week for like 45 to 55 minutes... But after 4 hours in a row of intense snowboard... I'm discovering new muscles! Thank God for red wine!
        JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
          I'm too fuggin clumsy for that shit.
          Haha me too. Only been snowboarding once and spent most of the time falling on my ass.
          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

I've always wanted to that and never have mainly because we don't have the big mountainous hills around here for it.
            Not much for cold snowy weather I'm all about the sunshine warm sunny weather.

Soak in a tub with the water as hot as you can stand it and throw in some epsom salt
            and you'll be fine in no time my friend.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by Soap View Post
              I've always wanted to that and never have mainly because we don't have the big mountainous hills around here for it.
              Are there even any hills in Indiana?
              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                Haha me too. Only been snowboarding once and spent most of the time falling on my ass.

Usually, the 1st time you do snowboard, you fall....alot. Start taking ibuprofen that day and most of the next. I'm glad I learned to snowboard 15 years ago and not now, cos I'm sure I'd never go again if I fall that hard and for so often. That's what happened to my friend. I took him out a few yrs ago and even though he had fun, that pain didn't bode well and he stuck with skiing after that!

I'll never ski again. I think boarding is way more fun. It's a steep learning curve though. The next time I fell like 1/4 of the first, and after 4 times, I hardly fell at all...unless I was trying something stupid, like the half-pipe, which I don't anymore. That being said, I haven't gone in 4 yrs cos of time, or lack of it. Maybe this year...
                "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I try to get out on my skis when I can, but there's no good hills in southern PA. Snowboarders wreck the slopes
                  Scott

Comment

Heres me last year after a run and a wipe out. Didnt even get my smoke wet. Im pretty graceful with my wipe outs.

Heres me going down.

Heres a collage my dad put together.
                    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                      Are there even any hills in Indiana?
                      Southern Indiana there is/are but its all deep woods. It least the places in southern Indiana I frequent are mostly heavy woods. Get past Seymour Indiana you start seeing some pretty hills.
                      On down around New Albany Indiana its beautiful land down there.
                      Brown County is gorgeous too.

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Comment

Theres actually a ski resort called Perfect North Slopes in Lawrenceburg IN.
                        http://www.perfectnorth.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                          Theres actually a ski resort called Perfect North Slopes in Lawrenceburg IN.
                          http://www.perfectnorth.com/
                          Thanks man, much appreciated for the link.
                          I may in fact give this some thought and see what the family thinks about it for a weekend.

Comment

Its pretty cool(no pun intended), they even make their own snow if none is present naturally.

Comment

Working...
                            X