Joe Satriani ROCKED The House of Blues last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Satriani ROCKED The House of Blues last night

Got a great view of the show all night. He played all the favorites and a couple new ones of the new CD. Played an orange JS2400 most of the night as well as an all white one. He did break out a red one for a couple songs and his new acoustic for a jam. He was playing thru Marshall's and not his Peavy stuff that I could see. Other then the rhythm guitarist looking bored, it was a really good show.That was my first time seeing him and I must say he makes playing look pretty effortless. Very smooth and some great stage moves. Note to those going to see him: He plays and pretty much STAYS on the left side of the stage! Anyways, enough of my jabbering....on to the PICS!

Nice!! I will be seeing him Thursday at the House of Blues in Boston. Can't wait!
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Seeing him on Monday!

Comment

... If only he plays a Jackson!

BTW, I've seen him few times, and he always managed to rock the house.
        -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Just got back from the show a few hours ago. It was great and Satch played for over two hours. I realized that I don't listen to music for two solid hours unless I'm stuck in a car--lol. He used the same guitars as mentioned above--it looked like the second guitarist had more guitars than Joe. Because of the snow and cold weather there were a lot of no shows so I moved up to the left side of the stage a few rows back from the front. I ended up getting two guitar picks and a third hit my foot. I had a small flashlight with me and found both picks a few inches away from my feet. I never would have found them without it.

I like the songs that have distinct melody lines and interesting chord progressions. His old stuff is better IMO. He played quite a few jam songs that were monotonous and plodding and just a background for pentatonic licks. The audience and the band seemed to enjoy the concert--it was really upbeat. He played Summer Song for his encore. All in all a great evening.

Comment

Trussrod, is that bassist a wildman or what? I have never seen a bassist all over the place like that.

Comment

Originally posted by sixx_ gunner View Post
              Trussrod, is that bassist a wildman or what? I have never seen a bassist all over the place like that.
              He had more energy than all the other band members combined and put more effort into getting the crowd going than anyone else.

During the encore Joe walked back to his two JVM half stacks and the other guitarist and bass player realized a little late that he was not at the front of the stage with them. They both looked at each other and quickly walked over to their amps. It was really funny if you caught it.

So Satch and Paul Gilbert are both using Marshall JVM amps? I tried one at GC and was impressed. I wish it had been available decades ago.

Is Ned Evett and Triple Double opening for Joe at other venues during this tour?

Comment

Was NOT impressed with Ned Evett & Triple Double. He was trying MUCH too hard. Don't give a damn if your playing fretless....how about some catchy songs???
                I thought Joe was with Peavey? what happened to that? Damn sure saw Marshalls!

Comment

Was NOT impressed with Ned Evett & Triple Double. He was trying MUCH too hard. Don't give a damn if your playing fretless....how about some catchy songs???
                  I thought Joe was with Peavey? what happened to that? Damn sure saw Marshalls!
                  He dropped them and endorses Marshall now. Also to note that his JVM's are modified.

I own a JVM215C. It is indeed a fine amp.

Comment

He was pretty bad--nothing like the Youtube vids I saw last night after the show. Not worth a penny to see him as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

He rocked in Boston last night too! I got there just after the opening act's equipment was being taken off stage. I am ok with that. It was awesome. If I was Japanese, I would be burning my guitars right now in shame for my own playing.
                      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Here's a few shots of Satch I took at NAMM 2008 when he did the whole Surfing With The Alien album for its 20th anniversary. As you can see, that night he played the Surfing With The Alien guitar that was on display at NAMM, the chrome Satriani, and a white one. Enjoy!

and here is a shot of Satch on stage jamming with Paul Gilbert, Marty Friedman, and Herman Li
                        Last edited by roodyrocker; 12-12-2010, 09:17 PM.
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                        X