Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Tab forums?

Hi All,

First post thread for me so I am a newbie.

I am wondering if anyone knows any tab forums or such. The tab sites that I have found are really lame.

Thanks in advance!

For those who have been living internet-free for the past couple of years, the Digital Millenium Copyright Act and rampant Naziism, along with Lars Ulrich's paranoia that he might actually make one less buck this year, and the heavy hand of publishing giants who still believe in print (Guitar mags), have caused most, if not all, the good tab sites to shut down due to alleged copyright infringement and unfair competition (why buy a mag that has the wrong tab when you can get it right from a free site?).
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What ^^^ said.

Also, www.ultimate-guitar.com and songsterr.com
      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        For those who have been living internet-free for the past couple of years, the Digital Millenium Copyright Act and rampant Naziism, along with Lars Ulrich's paranoia that he might actually make one less buck this year, and the heavy hand of publishing giants who still believe in print (Guitar mags), have caused most, if not all, the good tab sites to shut down due to alleged copyright infringement and unfair competition (why buy a mag that has the wrong tab when you can get it right from a free site?).

Yea, I know all of that. I thought by chance some forum might be out their for those reasons.

Ultimate-guitar is one of the lame ones IMO that I have come accross. I know people have good intentions and try to help but tab from a guy that knows 3 notes of a tune is not very helpful. Crazy as it is, I have difficultly figuring out songs but with good tab I can play them pretty well.

I was pretty impressed to see the old Motley Crue site had all the tab free. Last time I was at the new site, it had tab listed but not yet on the site - maybe it's changed now. I think it's cool how they see that the fans will buy the tunes or see the shows and allowing fans to learn the songs will make them be bigger fans (and will probably get them more $$$ then selling tab).

And BTW, I don't have a problem paying for tab, so if anyone knows good pay sites, I would like to know.

Thanks.

Comment

Actually IMO, UG has some pretty good tabs.
          They have a LOT of shite there but, if you sort through it helps.

Also, if you can, get a copy of power tab editor (it's free). Most of the PT files are better than the txt stuff.
          Tux guitar is an app that will play most tab files if you are more of a mac/linux user. But I think it's an uglier format.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

www.guitarinstructor.com

- E.
            Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
              Good one,
              Just remember that you need the siebilus scorch plugin. FF can't identify it so you have to install manually.
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
                Excellent! Looks great! Thank you!

Comment

I second www,songsterr.com for free tab.
                  I like EL34s.

Comment

Man you guys are great, songsterr.com is awesome too!

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X