Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get, some 'you old bastard' RESPECT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get, some 'you old bastard' RESPECT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUtWwylm7vk

Long ago you whippersnappers this was the METAL, aside from "LOOMIS" lovers - you guys tell me who the new metal is ..........

{only 1 choice each/no listen to my favorite 78 guitarists/only 1}
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

It appears that your kind of metal is blacklisted in my county, or my country is blacklisted for this particular piece of metal on youtube... what is it?
    Last edited by javert; 10-31-2010, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
      It appears that your kind of metal is blacklisted in my county, or my country is blacklisted for this particular piece of metal on youtube... what is it?

hehe,
      def Not blacklisted in Denmark, Metallica, Escape, Ride the Lightning

Jay metal is eternal. Case in point, that song doesn't sound dated to me, but from the basic who's popular with the younger crowd it seems to me Lamb of God has garnered that crown as of the last 5 or 6 years i guess?

great band, i have never listed to a whole album from them, but to me they sound like pantera metallica testament ect ect all rolled into one, case in point metal is eternal.
      Last edited by Trem; 10-31-2010, 03:54 AM.

Comment

can't see the video here either. So it was some Metallica track? I thought Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden were The Metal back in the day. I wasn't particularly interested or impressed in Metallica when they turned up. It's not like they were any faster or better than Priest or Maiden, they were just greasier, pimplier & snottier. It always seemed to me that most of the kids who considered Metallica "the METAL" were the ones who didn't listen to metal before they discovered Metallica.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

well, i think most were weened on sabbath preist maiden, but yeah metallica kicked it up a notch i think at least the mix of metal/punk and for an american band it was kind of a pride point.
          however i was already into like suicidal tendencies and merciful fate then slayer before hearing metallica, i liked em, but wasn't the hugest fan, i liked garage days more than anything, and megadeth i though kicked their ass at every turn, especially when i found most of the songs i liked the most were partly or mostly written by mustaine.

Comment

Ah yes, RTL. Nobody could touch these guys in 1984.

In 2010, Jeff Loomis can touch them if he wants to.

Comment

First, what's wrong Jayster being an "Old bastard"!!!

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              Ah yes, RTL. Nobody could touch these guys in 1984.

In 2010, Jeff Loomis can touch them if he wants to.
              Interesting reply Axewielder. "She comes in color" to my mind whe I think of Loomis.

2010-1984 = 26 years... Ouch... I feel old this morning!
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                well, i think most were weened on sabbath preist maiden, but yeah metallica kicked it up a notch i think at least the mix of metal/punk and for an american band it was kind of a pride point.
                however i was already into like suicidal tendencies and merciful fate then slayer before hearing metallica, i liked em, but wasn't the hugest fan, i liked garage days more than anything, and megadeth i though kicked their ass at every turn, especially when i found most of the songs i liked the most were partly or mostly written by mustaine.
                +100

The NWOBHM was truly in effect as vit g said, but this was our side of the pond! This wasn't disrespectful to any of those artists, they used their influences and took it up another level and went on to MOP next which is imho one of the best thrasterpieces recorded.....
                Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Then they lost Cliff and shit started to go sideways.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
                    hehe,
                    def Not blacklisted in Denmark, Metallica, Escape, Ride the Lightning
                    Ah, thanks. Just not accessible from here due to copyright, I suppose. Definitely not blacklisted, afterall, this is the country where the stupid Mohammed cartoons were published

Comment

"This video contains content from UMG. It is not available in your country". WFUT. Hmph!
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                        Then they lost Cliff and shit started to go sideways.
                        You know it, dude!

I really liked their first three albums A LOT. They kinda lost me after that. :dunno:

Comment

Working...
                        X