Has anyone..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone..

played a show with any national act musicians? If so, post pics if you have them, or just tell us the story.

Ill start. A couple of years ago my band played with a band called No.1 Zero whos guest singer was Toryn Green of Fuel and Apocalyptica.

Not a guitar god, but the closest weve been to a national act.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Opened for Razr13, w/Doug Pinnick from Kings X. I've got pics somewhere..not sure where at the moment lol. He was very cool and laid back, shot the shit with everyone.

Comment

We opened for a band that had the bass player from Gwar, although we drew more people than they did.

edit: Mobile Deathcamp was their name.
      Last edited by Spivonious; 10-22-2010, 02:50 PM.
      Scott

Comment

We've opened for a few well known bands, been on the same festival bills as Sodom, Destruction, Megadeth, Dead Soul Tribe, Epica, Rage and a ton other I can't recall, as well as a shitload of Turkish national acts.

Get Berkie to tell you his Dave Mustaine stories some time.
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

A band I was in opened up for Slaghter many moons ago. No pics, hell, I barely remember it myself. Ahhhhh those were the days.
          Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

No, but back in 1986/1987 I was taught to play by Michael Romeo of Symphony X. He lived in the same town as I did and worked at a local music shop a couple blocks away. The chick that owned the store was a bitch, so Mike would come to my house and give me lessons or I'd go to his house.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Opened for TOOL twice in 92 at the Mason Jar in Phoenix shortly before they released Undertow. Jason McMasters is a friend from Austin, he was the singer for Dangerous Toys and is now singing for my old band Ignitor, I guess that doesn't count as a "played a show with" though. Also, back in about 92 Kerry King was at one of our shows at the Mason Jar, got to chat with him for little bit, but he was more into his drinks than he was into socializing or watching the band.

Comment

We've opened for quite a few (inter)national acts over the years. The coolest was when Nile, Hypocrisy and Decapitated toured with several other bands, and we were the third of three local openers. I have a picture somewhere of me and Karl Sanders from Nile. This is back when he was a Jackson endorser, but his custom King V was damaged and back at the Custom Shop, so we chatted about that a bit. We also played with The Absence (very interesting but depressing tour stories from them,) Martriden, Lecherous Nocturne and Sigh among others. Several local/regional festivals with bands like Prong, Moonsorrow, Ancient Rites, Hirax, Seven Witches, and numerous others that I've forgotten.

But as far as pics go, I don't have any *with* the other bands, so they're just plain o' gig pics as far as I'm concerned.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annah View Post
                  ....he was the singer for Dangerous Toys and is now singing for my old band Ignitor,
                  I used to see the guys in Dangerous Toys walking around a club called The Back Room in Austin. I have "Scared" in my regular CD rotation.

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                  X