Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RacerX's band - Free show Thursday Oct 22!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RacerX's band - Free show Thursday Oct 22!

Hey everybody! My band MCR (Metal Classic Rock / My Cousin Ron / etc) is playing our first ever bar/club gig next Thursday! And it's FREE! We do classic rock & pop tunes with thrashy guitar(s). Any local JCFers will get a hearty welcome; please come on down to Fullerton on 10/21 and support us!

Where:
    The Tropics Lounge‎
    1842 W Commonwealth Ave, Fullerton, CA‎ 92833 http://www.thetropicslounge.com/

http://www.myspace.com/thetropicslounge

When: Thursday Oct 21 9 PM
    Admission: FREE!

Map: http://www.reverbnation.com/show/3260038

Click image for larger version

Name:	MCRtheBand2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	2449732
    Last edited by RacerX; 10-14-2010, 02:17 PM. Reason: changed to Thursday
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

cool!! have fun. i hope you draw a crowd!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

i am a retard. thought i was starting a new thread....duh!
      Last edited by markD; 10-14-2010, 10:39 AM.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Tear down the house!!! If it weren't for all those pesky MILES in the way, I'd try to make it.

Comment

Wish I could make it, man, but kudos for including the club's address and a map! One of my pet peeves locally is bands announcing gigs at clubs but not listing the address. And when asked, going so far as to say, "Oh, it's in downtown Gulfport, everybody knows where it is". Uh, no, if everyone knew then I wouldn't be asking, and I'm not driving around a 5-square mile area of cracktown randomly looking. We're talking about new clubs that aren't in the phone book or on the Internet either - no, everybody does NOT know where it is!

Anway, sorry for the mini-rant, and have a great show!
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Er, I DID just notice that you put 10/22 in the headline when Thursday is actually 10/21. You listed the correct date in your post, though....
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
              Tear down the house!!! If it weren't for all those pesky MILES in the way, I'd try to make it.
              Same here, stream it live!
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

sounds like fun Ron...good luck, knock em dead kid!
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

Take many pics and GTWGITS!
                  I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Fence Photo!!

have a great show, Ron. Looking forward to some awesome gig pics of you throwing massive shapes
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

BUMP !

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes guys, just got back...we had a BLAST! Not a huge crowd, but it was very fun performing and hearing the cheers and claps after each song. I did a little bit of my between song banter but not as much as usual because I was hella nervous. I mainly played my white RR24M & then later when people started coming up to jam, I broke out the Kandy Tangerine Pro Mod I just got from John W. Lawson

I'll post more later!

Pics & videos later too!

Comment

Was there any punch and pie?
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Wish I were there! Rock some socks off!!!

Comment

Congrats Ron!
                              I know you don't do this often so it makes it more special when
                              you finally get around to it.

Best situation is being able to get out there without the headaches of
                              week to week drama.

Nervous...hell, my attitude is "there's not much else but go up from here"!

Comment

Working...
                              X