Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have one of those cargo racks that attaches to a trailer hitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have one of those cargo racks that attaches to a trailer hitch?

I don't know if "cargo rack" is the right word to use, but I'm talking about the things that can attach to the rear of a vehicle on a trailer hitch. My band was driving to an out-of-town show on Saturday, and I got behind an SUV with one of these things, at which point I thought that such a thing might be great for hauling speaker cabs without needing a trailer. I drive an `08 Kia Sportage, which can comfortably seat three people, four guitars in cases, a couple of amp heads and our merch, but cabs are another story. Our drummer has a Honda Pilot, which can haul himself, one passenger and his kit, with very little room to spare. He has a trailer hitch but never uses it, and nobody in the band has a trailer, nor do our limited number of shows really call for one.

Anyway, just wondering if someone here has used one of these racks, and if they might be suitable for a cab or two.
    sigpic

These work with a hitch reciever like a Reese hitch. They are from $100-400 with a variety of weight limits, average is 300lbs. Depends on what size and weight your cabs are really. Though I don't think I'd tie a few cabs down on one and hit the road, but that's up to you.
    Here's a web site a family member uses, but I feel quite sure you could find one cheaper:
    http://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Hitc...t_Carrier.aspx

Hope it helps!
    "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

Thanks for the link. It looks like there are a lot of them to choose from.

I'm not convinced that they're the best idea myself, but I figure that there must be something out there that can do what I'm looking for. I think I need to just do some driving around and see what kind of stuff people are hauling with these racks.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X