Long Awaited Randy Rhoads DVD ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Awaited Randy Rhoads DVD ??

Excuse my ignorance if this has already been discussed, but is this the long awaited Randy Rhoads Concert Footage wee all would give our left nut for?

Source:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diary_of_a_Madman_(album)

Just recently announced was the 2010 Sony Music Entertainment re-releases of Diary of a Madman and Blizzard of Ozz, featuring Randy Rhoads, with the original bass and drum tracks restored. These will be 2 disc Deluxe 30th Anniversary Editions with demos, rarities and previously unreleased live material. A limited Super Deluxe Edition of Blizzard of Ozz will be released in the U.K. only and features a newly designed DVD sized Digipak case with the 2 CD's, a 65 minute DVD featuring never-before-seen live concert footage & interviews with Ozzy and the band, 3 Fender guitar picks, stickers, a faux invitation to the resurrection of Alistair Crowley and an 18cm by 12cm glossy 58-page booklet. Release dates have yet to be announced.

Or will it be the same 15seonds or so of news footage of a sound check?

Matt
    Last edited by OnlineStageGear; 09-19-2010, 10:22 PM.

BTW, Amazon shows an October 19th release date but has Diary and Blizzard as seperate purchases.

Comment

She said they are working on two shows of tapes as well as studio chatter and booklet ect..supposedly coming by thanksgiving, but another report ...for japan at least states that it has been postponed till next year.
      I'd like to see the other independant thing out too.

Comment

Sorry to bring up a year old thread, but I got my hands on the DVD's. They are good, and a must have for the Randy freaks, but they are still a little disappointing. Most of it really appears to be a glorified camcorder recording, not really high production recording by a long shot. It is supposedly shot by a fan with a super 8 and he starts and stop the recording quite often but does manage to get the best parts. Then there is the After Hours 4 songs which is really great quality and not really out of sync like everything out there. The last 2 songs, Over the Mountain and Mr. Crowley look to be the best video quality of the concert footage, but is only 1 camera off the side of the stage on Rudy’s side. It seems like it is mostly picking up the monitor mix and Ozzy is struggling on Over The Mountain.

Comment

who is this guy, tupac?

Comment

Working...
          X