Just back from Testament/Megadeth/Slayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just back from Testament/Megadeth/Slayer

Izod Center (Continental Airlines Arena, Brendan Byrn Arena)

Testament set was short but lots of energy and crowd interaction.

Megadave played Rust In Peace - which was completely awesome - Broderick nailed all the solos. Then they played Trust, Headcrusher, that Frenchie song, Symphony of Desucktion and Peace Sells (which was awesome).

Slayer came out and crushed all, but left me wondering how exactly do Kerry and Jeff get Marshalls to sound that bad. Lots of cuts off Seasons in the Abyss - Skeletons, Seasons, Dead Skin Mask - finished with South of Heaven and Raining Blood.

All in all - good show - short sets all around - 40 minutes for Test, 70 minutes each for Mega and Slayer.

Anyone else go to this show? Did you thow your beer on me you punk ass mutha?
    Last edited by Grandturk; 08-12-2010, 11:21 PM.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
    that Frenchie song,
    You mean A Tout Le Monde?
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm sure that song goes over like Gangbusters in Quebec and other Frenchie places, but Dave should know better than to ask 10,000 Jerseyites to sing along.
      Blank yo!

Comment

That's the thing, Dave doesn't know better.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I saw them on the big 4 tour in Istanbul. Slayer kicked ass, as always. I think Lombardo was stoned or something because he had trouble keeping time in some songs. Megadeth were also on good form but Dave had a weird sound problem. Chris Broderick is a great player live and it's nice to see Junior back. Metallica were so so, Lars stinks profoundly live, but all good fun.
          I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Slayer came out and crushed all

/Thread

Comment

Lots of cuts off Seasons in the Abyss - Skeletons, Seasons, Dead Skin Mask - finished with South of Heaven and Raining Blood.
              I thought Slayer was gonna play the entire Seasons record on this tour. I didn't get tix for this one, but will be seeing the leg in October with Anthrax instead of Testament. We'll see who sings for Anthrax! I saw Megadeth and Testament on the short Rust tour a few months back, and Drover was filling in for Skolnick...was that the same this time around? Sucks about Slayer's sound.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Skolnick was with Testament and sounded great. I've always liked his playing. Testament overall had a great balanced sound. You could hear everything and it was loud.

Raves vocals during Rust in Peace were low, and then when they played the other songs the vocals were fine.

Except for the farty Slayer Marshall sound, Slayer sounded good. At one point Jeffs guitar went dead and it took a good verse chorus for him to get back onstage.
                Blank yo!

Comment

Saw this last night, Testament and Slayer were good, but Megadeth was unreal. Dave's vocals were on all night and the band was tight as hell. Having Ellefson back is fantastic.
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Got tix for the KC show the 23rd. It better be awesome, we're driving 6 hours both ways.

I expect to be blown away, haven't seen Slayer or Testament before. Saw 'deth on the Symphony tour - best show I've seen to date.
                    |My CSG gallery|
                    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      You mean A Tout Le Monde?
                      Whenever I hear that, I think of Miss Piggy: "Pretentious? Moi?"

Yes, Dave, you are a pretentious prick.
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

I've got my tickets to the October 1st (my birthday) show in Duluth, Ga.
                        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Sounds like a great time, man. Slayer absolutely annihilates live. They only had an hour set when I saw them but they played most of my favorite songs and then squeezed in Psychopathy Red. Tom was on his A game that night. Definitely sounded great.

Comment

Seeing them Friday rather excited for this
                            I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                            So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Saw them and honestly sound and show slayer stole the show. Megadeth was fine but their sound was not good. Testament was awesome but too short
                              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
                              X