You know what this means...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know what this means...

Very soon I will once again be throwing my body out of a perfectly good airplane. Yay me.

And yes...there will be pics. Maybe even a video if I can sneak it onboard...

Be safe!

Comment

I'd love to see the video if you pulled the ripcord and your dirty shreddies fell out, after being put there "for a laugh" by your mates. Or an anvil, like on Tom & Jerry.

To quote Oscar Wilde : "Why jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane?"

OK, maybe not Oscar Wilde.....
      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
        To quote Oscar Wilde : "Why jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane?"
        Because it's the fastest way to get to the ground, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post

Very soon I will once again be throwing my body out of a perfectly good airplane. Yay me.

And yes...there will be pics. Maybe even a video if I can sneak it onboard...
          Honestly, to me, it looks like a fire hazard.
          HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
            Honestly, to me, it looks like a fire hazard.
            lol
            Last edited by DRM; 04-28-2010, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Cool beans DRM enjoy and be safe.....Man I miss standing at the back of a C-130 as the rear door opens and you and six of your best friends prepare to jump into the abyss, and as the light goes green and your first out the door feeling the freezing temps as you free- fall into the night sky knowing that this maybe the last few moments of your life and man what a feeling. Free-falling and reaching terminal velocity and feeling the ice crystals hit you as you rip through the clouds and waiting till that last possible milli second to pull that cord and then feeling your balls and you guts end up by your ears as the chute fully engages and as crash back to earth.... HALO jumps...Man what an feeling .....USAF PJ. 15 HALO mission jumps...

Comment

I don't understand... You're supposed to wait until the Red Baron shoots your plane before you jump out of it.

Are you just practicing up for when the Red Baron shoots you down, or... :think:

Comment

We practice jumping while not deployed so that in the event we have to make a combat jump (ala WWII, Grenada, Panama, etc.) we're ready. I'm not kidding about what I said earlier...parachute drops are the fastest way to the enemy and can often times place us at key terrain we couldn't reach by conventional methods.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                    parachute drops are the fastest way to the enemy and can often times place us at key terrain we couldn't reach by conventional methods.
                    Okay, not trying to be a tool or anything.... but if the 'chute gets you where you couldn't reach it any other way, how then do you get back from that place?
                    Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Someone shouts "Get to de choppa!!!!" and they have a nice ride home. With a sing-song as well, probably. And iced buns.
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by cvansickle View Post
                        Okay, not trying to be a tool or anything.... but if the 'chute gets you where you couldn't reach it any other way, how then do you get back from that place?
                        You fight your way out, plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by fordsho90 View Post
                          .....Man I miss standing at the back of a C-130 as the rear door opens and you and six of your best friends prepare to jump into the abyss, and as the light goes green and your first out the door feeling the freezing temps as you free- fall into the night sky knowing that this maybe the last few moments of your life and man what a feeling. Free-falling and reaching terminal velocity and feeling the ice crystals hit you as you rip through the clouds and waiting till that last possible milli second to pull that cord and then feeling your balls and you guts end up by your ears as the chute fully engages and as crash back to earth.... HALO jumps...Man what an feeling .....USAF PJ. 15 HALO mission jumps...
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Man I've wanted to jump forever. Even before seeing "Mission Megadeth" on Headbanger's Ball. I imagine it to be the most fun I'll ever have while pooping.
                            |My CSG gallery|
                            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

HALO jumps are crazy and awesome at the same time. They must really change your perspective on things.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X