A+ Certified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A+ Certified

As of 3 pm today Im A+ certified. Hopefully this will lead to more/better employment ops for me soon.
    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
    As of 3 pm today Im A+ certified. Hopefully this will lead to more/better employment ops for me soon.
    In what? Are you an MS Engineer? Congrats!

Comment

is the A+ really still in demand as much?
      not trying to rain on your parade, but after I got it in 2003, the companies I went to wanted much more then just the A+
      some feedback would be good info.

Comment

Sorry to let you know but all IT jobs have been outsourced to India and China.

Comment

congrats! but keep going the big money is in networking and companies at least charge more for programming routers.

Comment

A+ is a base certification these days. It will help you get a helpdesk job but won't factor in to more challenging IT positions. You are going to want to continue on to MCSE and CCNA certifications to get in to the real 'big money' positions. Unless you happen to have 10+ years of real practical experience which is more important to smart employers anyways.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I know its just a foot in the door cert, Ill be taking my Net+ exam next week. Two more semesters and Ill have a network management certificate from the school I go to, then like 6-8 more class and Ill have AAS in Computer Science. Probly not gonna go for CCNA due to cost and I really dont care for the server side of things.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Good job. I got mine in 1996 and it was a great feeling.
                Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                  A+ is a base certification these days. It will help you get a helpdesk job but won't factor in to more challenging IT positions. You are going to want to continue on to MCSE and CCNA certifications to get in to the real 'big money' positions. Unless you happen to have 10+ years of real practical experience which is more important to smart employers anyways.
                  I finished my MCSE in 2000. This was on the old Windows NT track, but 99.9% of my real experience has been on Windows 2000 and XP.

I never pursued the Cisco certs, but yeah, they're in demand.

Comment

Congratulations.
                    It's the start of a long road of IT learning.

You can go for the Cisco certs as people have mentioned. They are a good career track. Esp with companies installing VoIP systems.

Just make sure you bone up on how to subnet. The math is not hard, but it's a pain in the ass.
                    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Good job! Keep going on getting them, but as others have mentioned experience is what employers want. This will help in any event if you're in the IT field.

I got my MCSE in '99 and am Cisco certified as well, so I'd also recommend getting a Cisco cert also, if you are going to continue in the networking side of IT.

Congrats!

Comment

Keep it up and they will give you a star for your namebadge.

"Thank-you, drive through..."

So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                          Just make sure you bone up on how to subnet. The math is not hard, but it's a pain in the ass.
                          Yep. Once you get it, though, it's not a big deal. I was terrified of the "big, bad" TCP/IP exam some years ago and wound up making a 900.

Comment

Nerds!!!
                            -------------------------
                            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                              Nerds!!!
                              Yup. But the pay is good and I have time to post here. So it's all good.
                              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Working...
                              X