Another Guitar Center Sucks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Guitar Center Sucks Thread

Ugh, their online ordering system sucks. The ONLY reason I ordered anything from them in the first place is because my in-laws gave me a GC gift card for Christmas.

So, I needed some pickups. Figured that was a good enough excuse to finally use up the gift card. So last night I find the ones I need online. And, considering, the discount wasn't too bad, too. Then I double and triple check that these are "in stock". I place the order with some strings, and everything goes through smoothly. Get the order confirmation e-mail right away, yes "in stock".

This morning I get an e-mail. Your order has shipped. Pickups are out of stock and back-ordered. Arrrrggghh! GC sucks yet again. :P

"Your order has shipped. Pickups are out of stock and back-ordered."

What does that even mean? Did they ship out an I.O.U.?
    Scott

Comment

They shipped the strings, everything else was changed to "back-ordered".

Comment

A few months back I filled out a survey for them and this was the first thing I complained about. Their inventory system is pathetic. You should have ordered something that wasn't in stock. I bet you would have gotten that.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
          You should have ordered something that wasn't in stock. I bet you would have gotten that.
          You're probably right.

Last night when I ordered, all 7 colors of this PU were listed as in-stock. This morning, 3 of the 7 are now listed as back-ordered. And these just so happen to be the most commonly-ordered colors (black, white, aged white).

I can just picture the GC monkey walking through their warehouse, looking to fill my order from inventory. "Hmmm, the inventory system says these pickups are supposed to be in-stock, located down this aisle and on this shelf. Oh, there they are. Hmmm. Lots of camouflage and green, but none in the color this guy ordered. Better order some more, I guess. And update the inventory list."

Comment

I had the same issue, I ordered two Classic Stack Duncans and they only had one... Be prepared for a mysterious package to show up unannounced in about a month!

Comment

If you think their online system sucks, try walking into one.

The one near me has 1 Jackson...they're the only jackson dealer in town.

But that's not really the issue. The employees are more full of hate and despair than McDonald's cooks. I can understand why - after 3 seconds (literally, that's all it takes) of the cacophony of garbage you hear after walking in, I get a headache and I want to run out of the store as fast as possible.

All of us have to start somewhere, but I don't even like playing in front of people at a music store after 17 years of practice. Especially when it's so apparent that not one of these kids is ever going to buy anything.

I found a new (new storefront, been in business as a mailorder for about 8 years) place in town that's the complete opposite. Friendly people, NO TOUCHING THE STOCK unless you've got permission. Their site is great, check them out -

http://www.theperfectguitar.com

Not a Jackson dealer, but they did hook me up with free Jackson shirts when I went in. I guess they don't sell many heh.
              I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Working...
              X