Guitar Workshop : anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Workshop : anyone ?

Anyone here ever attended one of those Guitar Workshop session?

http://www.guitarworkshopplus.com/

Las week, I received in my mail a brochure about an upcoming sessions in Toronto this summer.

The wife looked at it and said, why won't you go with our oldest son and I'll enjoy the city with the 2 youngest ones while you're improving your guitar technique!

So I'm curious if these "Guitar Workshop sessions" are worth the 850$ they ask for (and you gotta add the lodging, meals and other expenses). The one I was thinking attending will include a seminar with Andy Timmons and Tony MacAlpine.

Sounds like a fun project for a dad and his 15 years old son but I'm wondering if we'll get anything worth out of this.

Anyone has comments or anything else about this?
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

$850.00?......can't you get a pretty nice Charvell for that !!!. Not saying the workshop wouldn't be worth it but if it was me I would take the $$$ and spend the day at pawn shops and guitar stores.

Comment

Seems like too much money to me. If I had any desire to make it as a musician in this particular genre I'd practice like hell and attend something like this to network. IMO there's no substitute for consistent practice and there's so much didactic material published why bother with this sort of thing?

Comment

I haven't attended that but I did attend the Musicians Institute Summer Shot program. What a kick in the pants that was. I learned so much in a very short time but it also fueled me to really dig in.

I blogged about here.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

sorry but I wouldnt pay jack shit for any guitar instruction session. A book or DVD would be the MAX amount of $ I'd spend...there is so much free stuff out there as well...

Save the $850.00 buy a DVD and spend the time in the wood shed practicing...
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

Jack Napalm, I googled the MI Summer Shot program and it looks similar to what my thread was about. Sounds quite interesting. Cool that you liked your experience.

Anyway, I have yet to get my summer vacations approved at office and may probably be on business trip during that time of the summer.

Stay tuned!
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
            X