How come I don't post much anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FusionFarmer View Post
    Things have never been this bad in my 50 plus year life,, I'm in construction management and it is completely dead right now, been making ends meet by doing remodel work, but everyone seems to be short on money so thats real slow right now, Most people i know right now would be very grateful if they had a 55 hour a week job, unfortunatly the days of being able to do the things we would like to do for our kids such as putting em thru school may not be feasible anymore, and working 2 jobs won't help anyone if the strain damages your health or worse leaves your family without you,, I know there are no easy answers but I can relate to the depressed thing, My livein Girlfriend of 3 years was putting in 12 hours days including a 50 mile each way commute at a minium wage job for the last 2 1/2 years to try and help out and it took such a toll on her physically that she started to abuse pain killers and unfortunatly she died a couple weeks ago from this, Try to keep the things that matter the most in focus and realize you can only do so much...
    Man, I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost a cousin and a close friend a week ago, both the same day. It sucks, I know.

John, I'm sorry for your situation too, man. You're a strong guy, but you know you can post here to get it off your chest too. We're all part of the family, you've always been a good guy to your brothers and sisters here. I'm glad you spoke up, I know the moral support here has helped me get through a lot of bad days, weeks, years.

Mojo sent, y'all....
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I hear you man. my wife lost her job in construction management almost a year ago and we are barely hanging on to our house as a result. I have a good job but in LA cost of living and the damn taxes are insane and we live in fear of debt every day.

just keep after it and keep in mind that college is not all it's cracked up to be nowadays, a bunch of libs indoctrinating our kids and no guarantee of a job or anything afterward - most entrepreneurs and millionaires never went to college (and I went to a bigtime east coast private university, but I can see that it's not always the answer for everyone. encourage your kids to start a business. that's what I would do if I could start over).
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

jg.. I hear ya man. If you want a part time job that pays well, go teach guitar. Thats what i do.
        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
          most entrepreneurs and millionaires never went to college (and I went to a bigtime east coast private university, but I can see that it's not always the answer for everyone. encourage your kids to start a business. that's what I would do if I could start over).
          My dad went to a nice college too. He works as the head IT auditer/ computer forensics person. There are also talks of a big layoff too. But my point is, he also said if he could back and do it all over again, he wouldn't have gone to college, he actually wished he had learned a trade.
          I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

I'm lucky to work for a company that actually had increased revenue last year, so layoffs aren't even being considered.

John, stay strong and you will get through this. Have your kids applied for financial aid? They could get federal/state grants or even just student loans to take some of the pressure off of you. Congratulations on one of them going to medical school!
            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
              My dad went to a nice college too. He works as the head IT auditer/ computer forensics person. There are also talks of a big layoff too.
              I thought I read that IT is gonna be a growing field in the next 10 years....
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Just heard the news today that unemployment is going to continue to be around the 10% mark all this year. Not sure if that was in california or nation-wide. I know california its over 12% or something.

John, all I can say is 'when the going gets tough, the tough get going'. Dont worry man, things are going to get better. I'm not sure how, but it sure will. Good luck!
                Sam

Comment

Sorry to hear John. That blows.

My gf had brain surgery last February and her recovery has been pretty tough. Neither of us has been working as a result. Thankfully her parents have been helping us out a bit, but we'd be screwed otherwise. Blarf.
                  Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Sorry to hear of your troubles, JG. I'm sending good vibes your way man and truly hope things brighten for you.
                    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                    X