No announcement yet.

Tree Roaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaking of creepy crawlies, this little fella was aroused by my wheelbarrow passing his home a couple of months ago. I caught the movement out of the corner of my eye so I took a couple of quick pics with the phone. I threw down the front door key by him for scale.

Trapdoor spider. You can see the door of his home lying open behind him.

Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
      *lifts feet off the floor*
      That looks like a good ol cockroach? We had them in India 10 yrs ago. I think now due to all the pollution, they're almost extinct. Once a while one will show up. One time, the downstairs neighbour tried to kill them with some bug bomb of some sort and all of them came upstairs into our house. Still get shivers thinking of that night. there were at least 20 of em.

these are prehistoric bugs I think? They're supposed to be able to survive a nuclear explosion because of their thick exo-skeleton. Read that in middle school biology? :think:
      Sam

Comment

I know microwaving doesn't bother 'em in the least. lol
        |My CSG gallery|
        (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Yikes! Please dont tell me you sold that microwave later on cragislist.
          Sam

Comment

Fuck this thread, now I am afraid to eat chips or look at clocks. No roaches like that in Cal though, wow, you guys in Texas have some scary shit!
            Ratt & Roll

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
              *lifts feet off the floor*
              That looks like a good ol cockroach? We had them in India 10 yrs ago. I think now due to all the pollution, they're almost extinct. Once a while one will show up. One time, the downstairs neighbour tried to kill them with some bug bomb of some sort and all of them came upstairs into our house. Still get shivers thinking of that night. there were at least 20 of em.

these are prehistoric bugs I think? They're supposed to be able to survive a nuclear explosion because of their thick exo-skeleton. Read that in middle school biology? :think:
              Shit, that's some fucked up pollution if it's killing roaches

Boric Acid (powder) does them in pretty quickly. Used to be able to find stuff called Roach Pruf (sound like Proof). It was straight Boric Acid in a powdered form. Sprinkle some around doors and windows (but not ones that will be opened, for obvious reasons) and around plumbing entry ports (pipes under the sink, etc) and they run through it. Dead in five feet or less.

Loud, sharp, high-pitched noises will also kill them. My Mom went for a pot to cook dinner in one night and saw a roach dart across the shelf as she opened the cabinet. She shrieked, it died in mid-run
              Wish I coulda bottled that shit

And yeah, roaches will survive atomic radiation, as will Twinkies.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

They used to sell a white chalk like stick called 'Lakshman Rekha' (means Lakshman's line) and you basically just draw a line with that chalk all around your house and it keeps the roaches away. If a roach decides to be brave and crosses it, they die. Very effective. Not sure if you can find those in the states tho.

But of course, its not waterproof and in-effective if the roach decides to fly into your home. But those dumb fuckers decide to crawl in most of the time.
                Sam

Comment

jinx? I didn't know you were a Lake Jacksonite.. Been here 17 years... probably know or have seen you.
                  The Buzzard does not fear
                  The man in riot gear
                  Harvest a skull of stone
                  The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Working...
                  X