my husbands birthday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my husbands birthday

Well, today was James' birthday. Not complaining, but he's used to doing without mostly because things have been tight. This year was just a BIT different though.

A little over a year ago, I bought him a banjo. He loves the sound of banjo music, and really wanted to try and play. Well, the book, DVD and youtube stuff just never did much for him, so I promised to get him lessons as soon as we could afford it.

He took that all in stride, and never complained. He'd pick it up now and again and try to play..but he'd just give up. He knew lessons just weren't in the budget, never asked, but you could tell he WANTS to learn.

Well, over the last week, a LOT of things fell into place, and I got a guy to come to the house today and give him a lesson.

You should have seen the look on his face when the guy knocks on the door and says he's looking for James. Then he says, I hear you have a banjo. James' was like..uhm..yeah...then the guy (John) says I'm here to give you a lesson!!

It was great!

Needless to say I have one happy husband. John spent an hour here working with him, and we're going to get something regular set up for a bit for him. It was great to be able to do something for him.

He's a great guy and I love him dearly. Too see him happy made me happy for sure. Happy 64th honey!!!

Aww. He's lucky to have a great woman like you, Jeri.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

sounds to me like he is one lucky guy to have a wonderful wife that does something so special for him on his birthday like that! thats great! glad to hear it. kudos to you for being so thoughtful.
      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

That was very cool of you.

Comment

It's the small things that matter the most at times.
          Seeing our spouses happy and smiling brings us back to what matters most.
          Love, appreciation and happiness it's those things that sustain a marriage, it goes a long way. Good stuff Jeri, good stuff indeed.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

A while back I was watching the original Land of the Lost series with the kids (before the movie came out). That theme song was done on a banjo and sounds like it would be fun to play.

Comment

that was a lovely idea for sure! great present!!
              tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

fantastic gift, Jeri!

hey, the theme to Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy was an old Eagles tune on the banjo - get him working on that
                Hail yesterday

Comment

That's way cool, Jeri! And HBD to your hubby
                  Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

now you can do a metal version of dueling banjos ..call it "purdy mouth" lol
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yeah, dress up as his sister, then he'll have an irresistible urge to shag you AND play the banjo. Double Win!
                      So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Awesome stuff, Jeri! James is a lucky guy.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That's awesome! Belated Happy Birthday to James, although the greratest gift he could ever have is his sweet bride Jeri!
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

When are we gonna see him on stage with Chronicles?? Ahahahahaha!

No, I like banjos!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Way cool Junior Jeri!!
                              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
                              X