So what did I miss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what did I miss?

So yesterday a member posted a classified ad for a load of guitars, but didn't want PMs, only E-mails about them. I mailed, heard nothing, and the ad's now gone. Was someone taking the piss and trying to flog someone else's guitars?
    The ad had the air of a pissed-off woman getting revenge, it stated the time had come to sell off all the guitars and no further explanation was necessary. On the contrary, I'd have thought, there were some nice guitars there, and lots of them!
    Perhaps the seller didn't want to explain why they were being sold off, that's up to him, but it's not the same thing.

What did I miss? Is there a story here I'm unaware of, like the seller had his arms pulled off in an accident, and I'm now being indiscreet?

(I'm fucked if I can remember who it was either!)
    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

It was Big D but I don't know if there is a story behind it. There were some seriously kick ass guitars for sale there too.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

He deleted the thread. Maybe they all sold? I also sent an email about a couple and haven't heard back.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
        He deleted the thread. Maybe they all sold? I also sent an email about a couple and haven't heard back.
        I sent an email, too with no reply. He did say later in the thread that he was swamped with emails and would get back to everyone as quick as he could.
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

That was one hell of a collection, but my "drama detector" was going off!

Comment

Maybe "Big D" stands for THE Big "D." j/k hope all is well.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Yeah, I'm always a little disturbed when I see someone selling a huge pile of nice guitars "no further explanation necessary."

Oh, it's not necessary, but... It might be interesting.

Big D seems like a good dude even though he likes Telecasters. Hope everything is sane in his life and he's dumping his gear for a "happy" reason.

Comment

Well I'm glad I didn't just imagine the ad. The page that had all the pics of the guitars was headed "Dad's Guitars" (or maybe Dad's Stuff). That, and the fact he didn't want PMs, only mail to another addy made me wonder about it all.

Of course, all of this is Big D's business not mine, so apologies Big D if you are reading this and thinking I'm a nosey fucker!

I know something, he ought to buy a big semi-acoustic, a leather jacket and gloves and there's a load of work for him as a George Michael impersonator!

(OK, OK, who's going to be the first to mention public toilets and policemen? Whoops.)
                So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Well I got a couple of emails from Darvish, so maybe he just hates you guys

He's always seemed like a decent guy, so I doubt there was any 'dickishness' going on...
                  Popular is not the same as good
                  Rare is not the same as valuable
                  Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Working...
                  X