Stewart from Beavis and Butthead....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stewart from Beavis and Butthead....

Was at Guitar Center the other night I was getting some parts and on my way out the door decided to mess around with a pedal that had been crossing my mind. While playing, a guy came up to me and said "play some Winger man". I didn't laugh outloud but I think he heard me snicker, I then told him "no thanks, I'll pass". His reply was "oh man Winger is awesome." Then I know for sure he saw me role my eyes. As I get older I'm getting meaner, is this something I have to look forward to? :think:
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Lol. I genuinely lol'd.
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Stewart just wanted to see how well you can play, Winger is not easy to pull off.
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
        Winger is not easy to pull off.
        Oo-er!!
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Stewart just wanted to see how well you can play, Winger is not easy to pull off.
          oh come on now. Winger had some commercial success with a couple of lame ballads and they were soundly mocked by a couple of MTV cartoon characters (and we know what fine fare MTV produces) so it stands to reason that Reb Beach can't be a very good guitarist.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

I was never a Winger fan. I saw them open for Kiss back in the 80s and they sucked BIG TIME. But I have to say, I saw Reb Beach with Alice Cooper and then a year or so later in a club with Dokken and the dude fuggin ROCKS. another guitarist friend of mine and I were standing about 5 feet from him in this club and he had our jaws on the floor the whole time!
            Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Reb can play... but man, there are definately some bands that I actually appreciate grunge killing.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Kip's pirouettes and permanent five o'clock shadow ruined it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  Kip's pirouettes and permanent five o'clock shadow ruined it for me.
                  Bingo!! the pirouettes are a crushing blow to the eyes.
                  The guy is a great bass player though, like it or not.
                  Every guy in that band can play, but the tunes for the most part
                  are El Headacheo.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Winger is a very boring band. They're what I called ONE-SONG-BAND. That kind of band that wants to live with just one hit. You can take a couple of songs more, but Miles Away was the only hit, and...that's enough.
                    But Reb Beach is an awesome guitar player.
                    Kip Winger sucks!!! He came here in São Paulo (Brazil) last month and played to an audience of 70-80 people. He played an acoustic set, and Miles Away he let a slutty out of tune teen try to sing the song... You can see it on youtube. Ridiculous

Comment

Seventeen and Headed For A Heartbreak were much bigger hits than Miles Away
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

All the guys in Winger are/were good players, but none of them could write a song IMO. No, I don't like the sappy radio-friendly get-the-girls-wet song. I think it cheapens Music.
                        However, mindless wanking for the sake of "look how many scales I know" also cheapens music.

Very few bands can write a good song that is neither wankery nor girlie. Winger was not one of them.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ummm... Kip is a professional songwriter and producer... he's been behind many hits and stuff... used to work in New York in the 80's but now does it in Nashville mostly

Comment

i like madalaine, that was their best tune.
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

ummm... Kip is a professional songwriter and producer... he's been behind many hits and stuff... used to work in New York in the 80's but now does it in Nashville mostly
                              And popular music is and has always been simplisitc and inferior. Popular doesn't mean good, it means popular. If the average non-musician can get behind it, it's because it doesn't give them anything to think about. All it has is a simple beat and a memorable vocal melody. That is not the same as a good song.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X