Looking for ideas on a music room!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for ideas on a music room!

Soon to moving into my own little music room and would like to hear some ideas on how to decorate it for inspiration and motivate my dead a$$ to play and learn more.
    I was thinking of getting some framed posters of my guitar heros in action. Cliche' and reminded me of my teenage years but...I had seen someone on here had Marshall wall paper that was really cool but I couldn't find it.
    Then I found some old LP's that had been framed with the LP out of the sleeve. Perhaps get THE albums that meant the most to me and changed my perspectives. Like The Eagles "Hotel California", Motley Crue "Shout at the Devil" or Guns N Roses "Appetite for Destruction" as examples for me.

I will have the guitars on wall hangers and the Line 6 Spider 3 150watter propped up on a stand in the corner.

I am interested in what other member's rooms look like that keep them motivated and inspire new recordings.

Please feel free to share some pics!

The framed albums are great. I had them in my old shop and am putting them up in the new one. They are great conversation pieces and to some very motivational. Hearing the students in the lesson rooms motivate me. I don't want some lil shit outplaying me..lol.
    I'd say a small fridge,tv,and such but that's probably just another distraction. A good lock on the door would be my first purchase. People seem to think practice time is the best time to want to talk to people.

Comment

First and foremost, make it comfortable, so that you'll enjoy hanging out there. That's my problem at the moment. My music room is in the basement, and is not finished yet. It's kinda cool down there, with bare concrete floors, so it's not very inviting.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I agree with the comfortable aspect, I also have a small fridge for 'soda' or whatever. Here's a couple of pics to give you an idea of my space ....

Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

The posters and album covers are a good idea. My area is my little shrine to the 80s and I love it.

Jayster....good pics, man that's a lot of guitar cases!

Comment

Thanks for the input. I am leaning more towards the framed albums & maybe some tour posters from back in the day at The Whisky.
            Anyone know where I can score the wallpaper that looks like a wall of Marshalls? I saw in one of thise "Show me your ....." posts.

Comment

hustler centerfolds always add a touch of class....lol
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't have a fridge on the same mains as the recording gear. Besides, I've only got one socket in my room.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'd say put in a toilet, or at least a trough in which to piss - its a pain in the ass having to take your guitar off and go upstairs and then come all the way back. This way, you just solo over to the trough, then let the rhythm section take a solo, zip back up and then come back in with some whammy dives. Talk about sweet!
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                    I agree with the comfortable aspect, I also have a small fridge for 'soda' or whatever. Here's a couple of pics to give you an idea of my space ....

Nice AR hanging there.... you got clips under the crate just in case any losers show up???? LMFAO.
                    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X