Silver pickup cover on a guitar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver pickup cover on a guitar.

Do you think it would look weird? I have a black guitar with chrome hardware and I figured if I am getting some new pickups I should get a pickup cover for a more pleasing look on my guitar. I figured if I have chrome hardware, I should get a chrome pickup cover for my humbucker, but then the 2 SC's will still be black. Do you think that would look weird? Everything is chrome but the pickups but then there would be 1 silver pickup but then the other 2 will be black.
    Is that a banana in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

It'll look fine with the chrome cover. Go for it!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by guambomb832 View Post
      Do you think it would look weird? I have a black guitar with chrome hardware and I figured if I am getting some new pickups I should get a pickup cover for a more pleasing look on my guitar. I figured if I have chrome hardware, I should get a chrome pickup cover for my humbucker, but then the 2 SC's will still be black. Do you think that would look weird? Everything is chrome but the pickups but then there would be 1 silver pickup but then the other 2 will be black.
      Look at the esp ltd gl 256. Even though the pickguard and all the knobs and 2 scs are white, it still gives the idea of how it will look. I like it.
      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

I bought a couple of chrome covers (Schaller) for one of my Jacksons, but they don't fit in any of my Jacksons, there's simply not enough room for them.

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
          I bought a couple of chrome covers (Schaller) for one of my Jacksons, but they don't fit in any of my Jacksons, there's simply not enough room for them.
          Did you get trem-spaced covers if you got a tremolo bar? Or the wrong size? I have to get trem-spaced covers because I am covering my trembucker.
          Is that a banana in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

Comment

Sorry, didn't see your reply! I don't think Schaller distinguishes between the two. If you check their homepage, all their covers appear to be the same dimensions (70x37 mm).

http://schaller-guitarparts.de/hp135...p-Housings.htm

Comment

If you're into the Dimarzio super distortion, they make one with a chrome front and bobbins. Not a cover, but the front part is chrome or at least chrome-looking, but it might be plastic for all I know.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Dimarzio offers many of their humbuckers with chrome bobbins and the chrome is a metal veneer so it's durable.

Comment

Working...
                X