Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOw do you guys get such clear close up pics of gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOw do you guys get such clear close up pics of gear?

Is it a trick of knowing your camera really well, or is it just "buy a better camera"? I get pretty good photos from a distance, but as soon as I either zoom in real close, or close the distance by physically getting closer, it gets to be a prett shitty blurry photo.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

1. Lighting
    2. Steadiness
    3. Camera
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
      Is it a trick of knowing your camera really well
      yes
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Don't take pics when you have the DTs.
        So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

"illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

How many megapixels should a camera have to take good close ups? I want to take a non blurry photo of my twig n berries n send it out on Christmas cards.

j/k

But seriously, how many megapixels should a camera have for sharp non blurry images?
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

If your camera has one, use its Macro setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                Ok now to find the macaroni setting....I have no idea what that is

Comment

I think the sharpness and non-blurry thing comes from fast shutter speeds and good light. I dunno, a real photographer will be along in a moment, I'm sure (ie. one who has read the manual, something I find very tedious)
                  So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                    I think the sharpness and non-blurry thing comes from fast shutter speeds and good light. I dunno, a real photographer will be along in a moment, I'm sure (ie. one who has read the manual, something I find very tedious)
                    Yeah my manual is still in the box and never been opened.

Anyways after reading a few reviews, I am starting to think it is probably the camera itself. Apparently this thing is a big hunk of shit.

Oh well.

I do not recommend the Polaroid i532.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                      Ok now to find the macaroni setting....I have no idea what that is
                      Read the manual to find out if your camera has a Macro setting and if so, how to use it.

Comment

BTW, it took 5 seconds to find your camera's manual on-line and 2 more seconds to find out it does have a Macro setting. Simply put, the Macro setting is for taking pics close-up. You're on your own now.

Comment

BTW, it took 5 seconds to find your camera's manual on-line and 2 more seconds to find out it does have a Macro setting. Simply put, the Macro setting is for taking pics close-up. You're on your own now.
                          dammit thanks for making me feel like a lazy dolt matt sheesh

Comment

Using the macro is probably the easiest way to get good close ups.

Blurriness can occur when you are out of focus. I don't know if you use auto focus or adjust it manually.

And your camera needs to be steady to get a clear shot.
                            Check your shutter speed. If it's too long then it's more difficult to take a steady shot. But if it's too quick there maybe not enough light that the camera lets in and the picture could end up dark.
                            Setting aperture can help with the clearness too. If the aperture is more closed (bigger f number) then less lighting gets in but the picture has more definition. But with really open aperture you can make the background go out of focus so the main object would stand out more.

And it's good to keep the ISO sensitivity as low as possible, that way there's more clarity.
                            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Some good points so far.

Best thing you can do for clear pictures is have the camera on a tripos and remotely trigger the shutter. The lens will be a bigger factor than the number of megapixels when it comes to taking in close pictures. As said, if the camera has a macro mode, use it for in close.

Make sure everything is well lit. A single 20 watt CFL bulb isn't good light. The brighter you can get the better essentially. Modern cameras expose for around 18% gray, so if you have an image that is predominantly white or black, chances are your camera will try to make them gray. If the camera has exposure compensation or manual exposure then use them in this situation.

Buy this book...

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Photog...6319182&sr=8-3
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X