Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to purchase strings?

Not sure where to put this topic.

Where do you all find to be the best place to buy strings? Not one pack at a time, more like 5-10 or 12 at a time. I see them on Ebay, but I get tired of Ebay to tell you the truth. So, any suggestions?
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

I have been using www.webstrings.com . They are cheap and the strings have good life and sound .
    Mike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I like buying from my local guys, only because I feel strongly about trying to keep thier doors open. Where I live 3 shops have closed in my immediate area in the last couple years. I wasn't crazy about any of them, but I'd hate to have to buy everything of the net. It is nice to actually go and check stuff, instead just buying it and hoping it's all that you'd like it to be. Plus, their are some cool shops in town, that I do try and support, just because they're cool. They're going to give a deal if your buying multiples sets anyway. At least they should. FWIW, no I'm not opposed to internet retailers or the competition they bring to brick and mortar stores.

How's that for a quick reply.

Comment

Try JustStrings.com, that's where I get mine because no store around here carries what I use, and they are waaay cheaper there too. I buy 6-8 sets at a times and it runs $25-30 bucks roughly. They ship quick too.

Comment

Try http://www.stringsbymail.com/store/. I like their same rate shipping for any size order.

Comment

I understand what you say etepbbb and I support this mentallity, but a set of strings of the web costs around 4,20€ over here, and it's like twice as much in the local store.
            I don't want to go offtopic and swear about german gas-prizes, but you could easily count an hour for me to get there and back which would be another set of web-stringsa for free in my case.

so my jazz IIIs and the strings come from the web, and I get everything else like amps, cables, effects and stuff locally.

then I don't care wether the web is 10 bucks cheaper coz I know my locals won't let me down whenever something breaks.
            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I wait until Musician's Friend has one of their "super sales" (usually February) and buy a shitload. Since I have a bunch of guitars (and use different gauge sets depending on the axe), a few basses, and lap steel or two, I can mix-and-match as needed. It works for me...
              WarPig____________________________________________
              "Live every day as if it were your last...
              ...one day it will be."

Comment

Originally posted by micha View Post
                I understand what you say etepbbb and I support this mentallity, but a set of strings of the web costs around 4,20€ over here, and it's like twice as much in the local store.
                I don't want to go offtopic and swear about german gas-prizes, but you could easily count an hour for me to get there and back which would be another set of web-stringsa for free in my case.

so my jazz IIIs and the strings come from the web, and I get everything else like amps, cables, effects and stuff locally.

then I don't care wether the web is 10 bucks cheaper coz I know my locals won't let me down whenever something breaks.
                Its the strings and picks and other accessories that keep the local shops going. The profit margin on guitars is much less than on the accessories. Buying the big stuff from them may seem like the right thing to do but its the little stuff that keeps their doors open. Besides we sell alot more strings and stuff than we do guitars and amps.

Comment

3 sets for £10, inc postage, from ebay.
                  Or one set for about £7-8 plus hassle of going to the local shop.

I use ebay.
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                    3 sets for £10, inc postage, from ebay.
                    Or one set for about £7-8 plus hassle of going to the local shop.

I use ebay.
                    Don't get pissed when the local shop is gone and the only way you can try gear is to buy it off the net and pray you like it or drive quite a distance to someone that is still in business.
                    Also the ebay dealer probably isn't paying local taxes to your community so it also cuts your fire and police protection and schools as well. It's a downward spiral.

Comment

I use http://www.stringsandbeyond.com/

Fast shipping, never had a problem with them.

- Leo.

Comment

I also use JustStrings.com, since they carry those reinforced strings for Kahler type trems (yes I love Kahler trems). Can't find them locally anywhere. And yeah I know I can always do the solder trick with regular strings, but that doesn't work well when you're changing a string on the spot at a practice or gig.

Comment

I'll buy from MF if im already making an order. I like to stop by our local shop, see what they have and don't mind paying the extra $$ for strings. They even run buy one get one free sales alot. The shops in Houston are only 50 minutes away if needed, but its the total shit to be able to drive or ride my bike 4 miles away and get what I need right then and there.
                          The Buzzard does not fear
                          The man in riot gear
                          Harvest a skull of stone
                          The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Working...
                          X