Kramer Focus 3000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kramer Focus 3000

I know there are more appropriate forums about this guitar but the Kramer forum sucks and won't send me the activation email so therefore I cannot post there. Long story short, found an ad for a focus 3000. Looks like it's in good shape (I have pics of it, just not stored on this computer) and it has a Germain made non-recessed OFR. It also comes with a hardshell case and the guy is letting it go for a whopping $100. I'm not too familiar with Kramer guitars, but for 100 chedda it sounds like a good deal to ad to my collection. Does anybody have info on this guitar and/or have any experience with it. Let me know. Thanks in advance.

I had a Focus 2000. Never liked the Kramer necks. Felt like a gibson - 12" radius, small frets.

For $100, its worth it just for the Floyd.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Thats what I was thinking also. The floyd is worth more than $100 by itself.

Comment

Stop flapping your yapper and go buy it! Really unless it's beat to shit that is a steal. You could part it out for way more than that to a Kramer fanboy.

Comment

Jump on it at that price.

Comment

Haha...alright alright. I'm getting it. I'll post some pics later

Comment

Focus 3000 was my first semi-decent guitar.

They sold for around 600.00. I got mine for 339.00 new, I think, way back in '86!

I thought I was hot stuff for owning a Kramer.

- E.
              Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

WELL WHERE IS IT MAN?

Make with the updates chop chop!

Comment

Oh yeah I got it....

And here's a gif for good measure..

Comment

Dude, you better hide that from the cops... Because you stole that for $100!

Any non-obvious structural defects aside that looks pretty kick-ass for the price!

Comment

Beak headstock and a real floyd...kick ass find !!!

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                        Dude, you better hide that from the cops... Because you stole that for $100!

Any non-obvious structural defects aside that looks pretty kick-ass for the price!
                        The body is in A+ condition. The only defect that I can tell is a short somewhere around the middle single coil. And even at that, I have to damn near chunk the guitar just to even get it to cut out. No biggie though cuz i'm gonna drop some new pups in it anyway. Also, the previous owner disconnected the tone pots, but once again i'm gonna get some new electronics soon anyway. I think i'm only going to wire one of the tone pots back up when I do get some new pups. The coil split is pretty cool and just adds more versatility and personality to the guitar. This is the first guitar i've owned with a coil split. So I got a question for everyone. As far as the pups go, i'm thinking about taking the TZ, Air norton, and Chopper out of my DK2 and dropping them in the Kramer, then buying new pups for the DK2. I kinda want to put some Duncans in the DK2. What Duncans should I get for the Jackson? I was thinking maybe a Distortion/Classic stack/Lil '59. I'm not too proficient with Duncans and have been a long time Dimarzio guy. Give me some damn opinions!
                        Last edited by cornstar70; 10-07-2009, 10:31 PM.

Comment

I like the Duncan Custom a lot as a bridge pickup. The Classic Stack is a great middle pickup in an SL1 if you're looking for a Strat-ish tone, so I imagine it would do about the same in the DK2. I don't know about the Lil '59.

Comment

Did you take the photo's? If so, are you a finger picker.lol
                            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Talk to me about this:

I had a "Kramer Focus 2000."

This one is a "Focus 3000 by Kramer."

Neck plate looks the same as my old one. Mine had the droopy pointy headstock - not the 5150 hockey stick, the skinnier one.

Kramexperts?
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X