Harmonica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmonica

Frustrated with my guitar abilities, I am thinking about trying out the harmonica just for a kick. errrr unless its like wicked hard or something, then I might as well just stick to guitar .

Any of you guys play harmonica, and if so how difficult was it to learn, and what would be your recommendation for one?

I was thinking of the Hohner Special 20.

Hell, its only $30. I can justify that
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

I got a harmonica and a how to book when I was 11. I liked the Blue Brothers and thought it would be fun. It took me about a week and I gave up on it.

Comment

one of the easiest instruments ever
      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I tell ya what..... every instrument I have tried to play I have had at least moderate success... except the harmonica.... I don't have the blues.... I am assuming that this is the problem....
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Harmonica players are like a good date.. know when to suck and when to blow at just the right spot and time.

Comment

I bought one when I wasn younger, (like 8)and the beautiful thing is, there is no real learning. You can just like blow into, imitate the hand movements, and it sounds great!
            I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

It's pretty easy. The Hohner Special 20 is my favorite kind, and very easy to bend on. Get an A harp to play with blues songs in the key of E. Most of your notes will be draws instead of blows, and you will have a minor/bluesy sound.

Comment

Working...
              X