Not being able to play guitar sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not being able to play guitar sucks.

I was in a car accident last week (which I could rant about..)

But basically I busted my hand up a little and can't play guitar for a while. This sucks so hard. I'm also off work.. so my days now consist of sitting around staring at my KV1 wishing I could play it. This reminds me of how I used to feel before I picked up a guitar in the first place.. pretty empty I suppose. Well, I can still play a little bit (check out my signature) but it's just not the same at all, and it sux. Just wanted to rant on that a little bit.

Anyone have some good ideas of stuff to do? I can't drive anywhere so I'm stuck at my house also. I installed some computer games and have been playing those (Diablo 2 !)

Great tone on the broken hand riffs. You could focus on music theory or some other aspect of music that is more intellectual than physical.

Comment

exercise Go run a few miles every other day
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Work on ear training. Sometimes it's the best thing to do is really listen to the music, then try to figure it out before you play it. Write it down and see how close you get. You also have more patience when you can't noodle around. Or like someone else said, work on theory a little bit.
        Originally posted by horns666
        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Learn to play slide.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

The Necromancer on Diablo 2 is the most unbalanced class ever. I created a file as one and you literally cast 10 spells then let your summoned monsters do all of your dirty work. I have gotten to level 18 and I have only killed about 5 monsters myself. It's great!
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

God damnit, I got an X-ray and my hand is actually broken. i'm in a cast that restricts my thumb from moving and goes up my entire arm.

for up to 6 weeks.. well it hasnt been 24 hours yet and im already trying to figure out a way to get the fuggin thing off.

Comment

Hookers?

Sorry bro, just got to make lemonade!
                Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

I can feel your pain

Comment

Originally posted by Grahf View Post
                    God damnit, I got an X-ray and my hand is actually broken. i'm in a cast that restricts my thumb from moving and goes up my entire arm.
                    I suggest you get a capo and work on your right hand tapping technique.
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                      I suggest you get a capo and work on your right hand tapping technique.
                      that is actually such an awesome suggestion! (like andy mckee stuff)

So i was excited to try it..

, but i tried it, and tapping is really hard to do without moving your thumb, try it.(your thumb automatically tries to move, which hurts since that's the bone the broke) . I might be able to get used to it though
                      thanks though, haha

Comment

Diablo kicks ass! I haven't tried 2 yet LOL...been playing 1 for years and never beat it. I hear 3 is coming out soon, or it is already?

Sucks about your thumb. Wish I had some good ideas for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Grahf View Post
                          that is actually such an awesome suggestion! (like andy mckee stuff)

So i was excited to try it..

, but i tried it, and tapping is really hard to do without moving your thumb, try it.(your thumb automatically tries to move, which hurts since that's the bone the broke) . I might be able to get used to it though
                          thanks though, haha
                          Oh is it your picking hand? Then work on legato style - kick Satch's ass.
                          Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                          X