Hockey fans- versus off directv???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey fans- versus off directv???

Is this getting resolved or not? Anyone know?
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

I sure hope so cliff. Even with the Center Ice package I'll miss 9 Red Wings regular season games and any playoff games aired on VERSUS.

Last week I was all set to go to Charter cable here after seeing their website. Was going to drop DirecTV, AT&T DSL and go the cable route. I would have had every channel in HD, faster internet 10mbps vs 3 and saved some coin along the way. Get down to the programming aspect and I asked for the NHL Center Ice package....and they didn't carry it in my area even thou its listed on their website....that is a deal breaker for me.

I'm hoping that they will resolve it once advertisers figure they are are losing eyeballs. I wait couple weeks and it isn't resolved I'm going to DISH network..
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

From what I am hearing its not going to get resolved any time soon. Comcast which owns Versus and the Flyers is asking more of DirecTV than other carriers. Directv is not budging mainly because they feel that people that want to see game are doing it on the local channels or the Center Ice Package. Versus is only carrying 53 games total. That's not that many.

Can you get Center Ice on other carriers? I thought that was a Directv only thing. At least a few years ago I thought I saw that. I stopped subscribing during the lockout.
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Center Ice is run by iNDemand Networks which is a partnership owned by Comcast, Cox and Time Warner. The NFL Sunday Ticket is the a DirecTV only thing since it's owned by the NFL and put out to bid which DirecTV paid a fortune for.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
          From what I am hearing its not going to get resolved any time soon. Comcast which owns Versus and the Flyers is asking more of DirecTV than other carriers. Directv is not budging mainly because they feel that people that want to see game are doing it on the local channels or the Center Ice Package. Versus is only carrying 53 games total. That's not that many.

Can you get Center Ice on other carriers? I thought that was a Directv only thing. At least a few years ago I thought I saw that. I stopped subscribing during the lockout.
          I agree, versus is only carring 53 games, but its the only national network for hockey. These are also only regular season. Where we will get hosed is in the playoffs if this isnt resolved- any game scheduled on versus, including cup finals, will be blacked out on local fox/msg/nesn whatever affiliates, even if you have center ice. That sucks.
          Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Working...
          X