Good deal with Spivonious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal with Spivonious

Great deal with Spivonious - swapped some pickups. No problems - great communication and tracking.

- Tony
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Same goes to you, Tony. The pickups sound fantastic in my Kelly. I think I may have to replace the JB in my Predator with another Distortion, and the Jazz is probably the best neck pickup I've heard. Clear and articulate, yet with a nice round tone.

How do you like the EMGs?
    Scott

Comment

Took me three nights to put the EMG's in my SG - I only had a couple minutes each session to tear down and install.

Sound great - I have real heavy strings on the SG and tune it to C# (its my Sabbath, COB guitar) and I'm not real happy with the sound of the low tuning... so I'm thinking of putting my regular guage back on it....

Anyway - good stuff - they pound the hell out of my Boogie's front end - love it.
      Blank yo!

Comment

Glad you like them. I thought they were too thin and bright. But I could see how a mahogany body would tame that.
        Scott

Comment

Depends what you have them in - they're fat as hell in mahagony. In my basswood Model 4 the 81 cuts like ginsu - and that's the sound I like in a strat style guitar, so it works.
          Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
          X