Tradin' with Toejam is always great.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tradin' with Toejam is always great.

I have bought / sold and traded with Joe in the past and will absolutely continue to do so in the future.

Always a positive experience!

Thanks Joe!

Thanks to you, too, Chris. It's always a pleasure!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe, you wanna trade your RR1T for a moobie squeeze?
      "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Hmm. You drive a hard bargain, Mike. Maybe, just maybe... :ROTF:

Comment

"Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You'll have to squeeze them both a lot harder now, Mike. I just took the RR1T to the shop to have a Duncan PATB-2 Parallel Axis Distortion pup put in and a set of GHS Low-Tunes Boomers 11-53 tuned to D. The guitar will now have more balls without the lame JB... I don't know why people put that thing in alder bodies. I do like the Jazz neck and will be keeping that.

Comment

I dunno Joe if I can squeeze that hard. I just lose all strength at the sight of them moobies!
              "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

I've noticed that this forum in general pretty much has a hate on for the JB. I have 6 guitars with the JB in the bridge...I think 3 or 4 of them are alder but maybe 5 are-one or 2 could be poplar. One is mahogany and I had another one in a different mahogany guitar and changed it out for a Custom pickup just for variety not that it wasn't great. Very versatile pickup so I don't understand the negative stuff.
                My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

I've never been a real fan of the JB and think it's overrated. It's got a lot of high mids and treble and not much bass. The bass is also loose, and I think it works better for solos than rhythm. It does better in mahogany guitars, for the most part. I like the one in my mahogany Brian Moore i9f. I had one in my old Hamer Special FM that was mahogany with a 3/8" thick maple top, and I didn't care for it and went for a set of chrome EMG 81s instead... and I don't care for the 81 much as a bridge pickup either, I think it's too bright, but it's still got more low end and doesn't sound as harsh to me as the JB.

Comment

I hated the JB in my Sl1, love it in my Predator and in my LP Copy.
                    Guitars:
                    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
                    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
                    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
                    Amp:
                    VOX AD30VT

Comment

Working...
                    X