Musician's Friend? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musician's Friend? Really?

I don't know why I keep dealing with MF (Must be the free shipping/no sales tax) because I seem to have a very low success rate as far smooth transactions go. Latest ordeal; ordered an acoustic guitar pickup in Feb. Got shipping confirmation on Feb. 20th. Small item, shipped via U.S.P.S. MF provided tracking # (which is useless for U.S.P.S. shipments.) 2 weeks go by, no pickup. Call MF, was told I must wait 30 days before they can take any action. Told cust. serv. rep that was unacceptable (I have already been billed and have paid for item at this point) and I wanted to speak to someone else regarding the matter. Was told there was no one else to speak to. E-mailed customer service and got same answer. So I patiently wait the 30 days and call back on March 20th (Thurs.) "No problem, we'll get that right out to you. You will receive it tomorrow (Fri.) or Monday the latest. I'm thinking cool, they're going to FedEx it for my trouble. Wrong again, got shipping confirmation - UPS ground scheduled for delivery on the 26th of March. It's not an isolated incident, either. I've got a few more stories. Based on my experience's with them, the bottom line is they really don't give a crap about customer satisfaction and that's unfortunate.
    Anyone else had problems with them?

I have only had a problem with once and they corrected the issue quickly. A guitar accessory was damaged on arrival. They sent me a new one.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

They just shipped me a defective pedal, which I returned for a replacement. They received my original, then sat on it for 8 business days with no action. I still haven't received the replacement. Ghey.

Comment

The only problem I've had is that my item NEVER ships the day I pay for it. This is true of all online stores for me. Promises that the item is in stock and will ship the same day if the order is placed by a certain time are never kept. Other than that, I've had consistently excellent service, including zero problems with returns.

Comment

I had a few problems with them through the years. Back in 2001, they had advertised a black Marty Friedman Kelly (KE1) for $999, so I placed an order for that and a case. Well, they did say it was on backorder and arriving soon. After more than two months of waiting, I ask what the deal is, and the guy tells me I should probably cancel the order because they're discontinued. I knew they were discontinued, just figured they had a lead on one like advertised and it would come in eventually.
          I cancelled the order and decided to get a Fender Double Fat Strat hardtail in Shoreline Gold. After waiting a week, I call to see where it is, they say I should get it any day now, it's still in the warehouse. Well, after another week, I call again and get told it's not in stock and they don't know why I was told it was. So I decide to order the same guitar in Teal Green Metallic. I wait another two weeks and still no guitar. I call, they tell me my MF card is declined because I'm over my limit, so I now have to call their bank. They tell me I'm over my $1500 limit because I tried to order two Fenders that were $900 each... apparently the CS idiot who I spoke to didn't take the Shoreline Gold out of the system and just put in the order for the Teal Green without cancelling the first one. Why the hell did no one call me about this?!? So I call the bank to get it straightened out, they tell me I have to call MF to cancel the orders and take them out of the system, then MF tells me I have to call the bank, I get the run-around and I think I finally got MF to call the bank themselves and take care of it, and then it eventually worked out and I finally got my guitar.

Then one time I ordered a Sabine Phlanger pedal they had advertised on the website (it's supposed to be a Phaser/Flanger mix). Well, when the new Sabine pedal line came out, every other pedal in the series came in but the Phlanger... it seems there was only a pic of the prototype on the site but Sabine decided not to put it out at all since there apparently were problems. Why show a prototype pic of something that's in the works and not out yet and won't ever be coming out?!?

I then decide to order a Pearl tom set for my drums (two toms on a stand). I order it in wine red, after a few days I'm told that is on backorder. I say fine, I'll wait, send it to me when it comes in. I call after another week to see if it came in, still on backorder, fine, no big deal. After a couple more weeks, the package gets delivered, but it's chrome and not red! I call up and ask what happened, some stupid CS girl tells me that they called me and said it was still on backorder and that I said to send me chrome instead. I never told anyone to send a different color, and nobody ever called me about that. I sent it back and did eventually get the right one.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
          X