I'm having trouble entering the JCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm having trouble entering the JCF

During the last week I could enter the JCF only 2 times from my home PC. I don't know what the problem is but it's only with the JCF. It's not about the DNS because I can't enter using the IP address either, I can't even ping the ip

I'm getting no responses from the JCF server, my ip is not static so I'm guessing it's not about my ip either, does anybody else have this problem or is it just me?

Finally, I miss reading & posting here
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

BTW I'm checking at least 10 times a day, and now I could enter just randomly, didn't do anything different... when the problem first occured I thought it was temporary, then oneday somehow I could connect to JCF and thought whatever it was it passed, but it started again and now I'm able to connect again!
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

Huh.
      No problems here, or at work.
      Must be you. Are you using IE?

Comment

You didn't try to show off a bluetooth headset in a pub did you? (see John Smith's bitter advert: "Hello?!", "You're barred!".
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I've had that problem on and off for the past year or so, also only with JCF. I'll have to log off line and then back on a couple times and then it will be fine. I use either the IE or AOL browser. I thought it was just me.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If you're logged in now, don't log out!
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

But I can enter from school! nothing with my account either, dammit

Using the latest version of firefox btw but then again as I said I can't even ping the JCF ip so no browser problems here.. I guess I'm gonna go with Toe's suggestion! Thanks dudes
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                I've had that problem on and off for the past year or so, also only with JCF. I'll have to log off line and then back on a couple times and then it will be fine. I use either the IE or AOL browser. I thought it was just me.
                Same here. I just assummed it was a problem on my end.
                "POOP"

Comment

That's freaky. I try to do what Lev says... when I'm logged on fine, I try to stay logged on for as long as possible. I never know when I'm going to have a problem, and it's a pain in the ass, sometimes it takes quite a few tries before I can get back in again.
                  At least I've had a cable modem for the past couple years instead of dial up!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

When it happens and if you're on windows machines do the following.
                    Open a command prompt. Start -> Run > then type cmd and hit enter, this will pop a black window up.
                    Now in this one type the following:
                    ping 64.37.122.50
                    If you get some output like this
                    PING 64.37.122.50 (64.37.122.50): 56 data bytes
                    64 bytes from 64.37.122.50: icmp_seq=0 ttl=108 time=145.708 ms
                    64 bytes from 64.37.122.50: icmp_seq=1 ttl=108 time=142.837 ms
                    then you can at least ping the JCF server.
                    If that doesn't work, either the server is down or you've a break in the pipe to it somewhere.
                    Next run the following
                    Again you should see some output like above if all is working as it should.
                    If it worked with the IP number and not the domain name, then I suspect it's DNS related. To check this run
                    This should give you something like this back if its working
                    Server: 194.72.6.57
                    Address: 194.72.6.57#53
                    Non-authoritative answer:
                    Name: www.jcfonline.com
                    Address: 64.37.122.50
                    If you see something like this
                    ** server can't find www.jcfonline.com: NXDOMAIN
                    then you have a problem with your DNS, I'd then contact your ISP.

You can try the following to see if there is a break in the internet pipe
                    You should see a load of varying IP numbers and hostnames scroll past with some time data. If it eventually starts just putting lots of * there and not IP numbers or machine names, it's likely you have a break somewhere in the connection between you and the JCF server.

All clear?
                    Fett, don't try this, you'll probably break the internet.
                    Last edited by shobet; 02-24-2008, 06:11 PM.
                    Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

NO! I've already done these As i said I can't ping the ip! But it's not my internet connection and the server is/was not down either..
                      Check my bands!
                      www.myspace.com/magicktr
                      www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

Now do something about the Santa hat avatar
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yeah that might be the problem, santa banished me from JCF due to abusive usage of the santa hat
                          Check my bands!
                          www.myspace.com/magicktr
                          www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

Originally posted by shobet View Post
                            When it happens and if you're on windows machines do the following.
                            Open a command prompt. Start -> Run > then type cmd and hit enter, this will pop a black window up.
                            Now in this one type the following:
                            If you get some output like this
                            then you can at least ping the JCF server.
                            If that doesn't work, either the server is down or you've a break in the pipe to it somewhere.
                            Next run the following
                            Again you should see some output like above if all is working as it should.
                            If it worked with the IP number and not the domain name, then I suspect it's DNS related. To check this run
                            This should give you something like this back if its working
                            If you see something like this
                            then you have a problem with your DNS, I'd then contact your IPS.

You can try the following to see if there is a break in the internet pipe
                            You should see a load of varying IP numbers and hostnames scroll past with some time data. If it eventually starts just putting lots of * there and not IP numbers or machine names, it's likely you have a break somewhere in the connection between you and the JCF server.

All clear?
                            Fett, don't try this, you'll probably break the internet.
                            Not just a pretty face are you!
                            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
                              NO! I've already done these As i said I can't ping the ip! But it's not my internet connection and the server is/was not down either..
                              OK I'm with you having reread your posts. So you can see the site but it doesn't let you login.

First thing I would try is to clear your cookies, or specifically the one for the JFC. Then restart your browser.

For the admins what are the vBulletin Cookie Domain and Cookie Path set to?
                              Fwopping, you know you want to!

VI VI VI: the editor of the Beast!

There are 10 kinds of people who understand binary. Those who do and those who don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X