Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever delt with "Abayomi Raymond" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever delt with "Abayomi Raymond" ?

He contacted me about buying my guitar. He only wanted to pay by money order. He will have his "3rd party shipping agent" pick it up. And he mentioned something about Western Union (but I denied this). I made it clear to him that the guitar goes nowhere until I have 1000$ in valid currency in my hands. He agreed and sent the order.

Has anyone ever dealt with him?
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Uhmm...no I haven't..but sounds fishy to me. The 3rd party shipping agent sounds familiar. Money orders can be forged.

Comment

everything about that sounds suspect. I'd stay well away.

a quick google revealed that Mr Abayomi is the manager of the Standard Trust Bank in Nigeria:
      http://www.joewein.net/419/emails/20.../409269.69.htm

seems pretty trustworthy.....

Last edited by VitaminG; 09-16-2007, 09:45 PM.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

+1 Sounds like a scam.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Hmm... It can't do any harm to get the money order. Can I get the bank to check it out for me before they give me cash? (there's a fine for falsified money orders).

Thanks

PS: His email didn't match up with that one. (not sure if I can post his email here)
          Last edited by Mario8672; 09-16-2007, 09:49 PM.
          Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
          Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
          Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

Comment

If you take the M/O to the bank and they OK it and it turns out to be a forgery YOU are still responsible for the funds to be repayed to the bank.
            There have been a rash of counterfit cashiers checks from foreign banks.
            There was a guy on the Clark Howard radio show that was arrested for just asking if the CC was good the bank had him arrested for trying to pass a bad CC.
            You can read about it on clarkhoward.com
            I would not deal with this guy it sounds like a scam IMO.
            Last edited by straycat; 09-16-2007, 10:02 PM.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              If you take the M/O to the bank and they OK it and it turns out to be a forgery YOU are still responsible for the funds to be repayed to the bank.
              There have been a rash of counterfit cashiers checks from foreign banks.
              There was a guy on the Clark Howard radio show that was arrested for just asking if the CC was good the bank had him arrested for trying to pass a bad CC.
              You can read about it on clarkhoward.com
              I would not deal with this guy it sounds like a scam IMO.
              +1
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Mario, I post this link all the time:

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/fraud.htm

Read it all.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Eat me Ron thats a lot of text there little buddy.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Don't do it man. I get emails from these Nigerian fucksticks all the time asking me to send them money so they can "free up" some "frozen funds" worth millions and in return for my help they will give me a "15-20% cut" of the total amount. I always email them back saying "As proof that this is not a scam please send me a picture of yourself having anal sex with a rhinoceros while you're giving a zebra oral pleasure." Nobody has emailed me back yet!
                    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                      Eat me Ron thats a lot of text there little buddy.
                      Get ripped off then

Comment

Classic scam.

Comment

Actually that link is pretty long, just skip over the middle part that discusses fake escrow sites. The first 25% of the page is a good overview. So read that and then skip down to the last 30% or so where he discusses money order/cashiers check fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario8672 View Post
                            Hmm... It can't do any harm to get the money order. Can I get the bank to check it out for me before they give me cash? (there's a fine for falsified money orders).

Thanks

PS: His email didn't match up with that one. (not sure if I can post his email here)
                            dude, given that one of the first times his name came up google was on 419 website, connected to a Nigerian scam, (plus everything else that everyone has said in this thread), I can't believe you're still considering doing business with this guy.

Don't agree to a deal, don't receive the money order, don't even think about dealing with this clown.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

I'll send you a money order, but my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate will come pick up the guitar. That sound cool to you?
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X